Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

Just applied this over the beta, and sounds good so far. Being relatively new to AFX, i don't have a lot of history to compare to. Need time to dig deeper... will try the B+ shortly. super excited

It's not markedly different than the beta. Mostly it is just tweaks to the individual model data based on measurements. The only algorithm change was the fix to the preamp compression. In the beta the B+ sag into the preamp was applied incorrectly. That little change definitely improves things though.

I'm using the Plexi 50W Hi 1 amp for my YJM preset, It sounds like it may have gotten slightly more aggressive/more growl, but yet smoother and with a hint more sustain...

Would what you did cause those things to happen or is this just my imagination/placebo effect?

In most cases you should deselect/reselect. As you noted the transformer match value is user adjustable so it won't get set to the new value unless you deselect/reselect. Alternatively you can use Axe-Edit to load the default value for that parameter.

The wrong snubber cap in the AFS100 affects the Hi Cut Freq parameter so you should deselect/reselect or load the default value using Axe-Edit.
So if I am understanding this correctly, I could make notes of the new defaults from Axe Edit, hand enter them, and then even if I don't deselect/reselect, I will have ALL of the fixes at that point?

I think that would be easier in some cases than re entering EQ curves and other stuff where I have heavily modified amp settings for some particular effect.

In most cases you should deselect/reselect. As you noted the transformer match value is user adjustable so it won't get set to the new value unless you deselect/reselect. Alternatively you can use Axe-Edit to load the default value for that parameter.

The wrong snubber cap in the AFS100 affects the Hi Cut Freq parameter so you should deselect/reselect or load the default value using Axe-Edit.

FWIW, the new Brit 800 #34 does a better Slash than the AFS100 IMO. The AFS100 models are based on the actual amp but I think my version of #34 sounds more like AFD. I based the model on information I've collected over the years about the mods that were done.

Cliff what IR from the new Ownhammers Marshall players pack would you recommend is best for that Slash sound with the new Brit 800 #34 amp?

It's not markedly different than the beta. Mostly it is just tweaks to the individual model data based on measurements. The only algorithm change was the fix to the preamp compression. In the beta the B+ sag into the preamp was applied incorrectly. That little change definitely improves things though.

Even though I'm up to my elbows in a project at home today, I ran upstairs and installed :). I played through my favorite presets based on Hook 3b, princetone rv, matchbox, comet concourse, corncob, Brit afs100 2 and I think there's a nice improvement across all of those models. Beautiful and complex tones.

Excellent update!!! Thanks Cliff!

FWIW, the new Brit 800 #34 does a better Slash than the AFS100 IMO. The AFS100 models are based on the actual amp but I think my version of #34 sounds more like AFD. I based the model on information I've collected over the years about the mods that were done.

AFS100 is with higher level. It's different. But following your advice....Brit #34 is betterrrrr!!!
Thanks Sir! :)

Be sure to go to the advanced tab and select latest for modeling version unless you reset amps.
Resetting the amps doesn't affect the modeling version; it only resets default parameters. Modeling version is a different thing.

Back
Top Bottom