Commercial U2 preset packs

Thanks Edo for those explanations. There is a well-known user IR called "My VoxAC30 - SM58" that I like a lot and it is brighter than the stock ones.

I know, it's been my main IR for 2+ years! I changed it last year when I went for the I+E tone

Edo, do you have any ETA for the other packs (looking for Elevation & Vertigo ones ^^) ?
By the way, re-listening to your samples, "Running to Stand Still & Love is Blindness" from the Zoo TV are outstanding !

Last edited:
Edo, do you have any ETA for the other packs (looking for Elevation & Vertigo ones ^^) ?
By the way, re-listening to your samples, "Running to Stand Still & Love is Blindness" from the Zoo TV are outstanding !

I'm working on the elevation pack right now, I think that one will be available in 2-3 weeks. After that I'll work on the vertigo pack and so on, all the way to the Joshua tree 2017...

Last edited:
all the way to the Joshua tree 2017...

What about JT 1987 and will you have an Acrobat preset to go along with your tutorial? The tone in your tutorial is outstanding and watching you play is even more impressive than your presets and they're impressive!

Last edited:
What about JT 1987 and will you have an Acrobat preset to go along with your tutorial? The tone in your tutorial is outstanding and watching you play is even impressive than your presets and they're impressive!

At the moment I have no plans for a jt87 pack, tbh the tones from that era are quite straight forward, mostly different delay settings.
What I have in schedule is an "extras" preset pack, including some tunes from different eras that are not featured in the official live recordings, including acrobat, 11 o clock tick tock, wire and electrical storm to name a few

Hi Edo - currently my axe is in storage but will buy one of your packs once it is back in my possession (probably the I+E pack - saw them play this in San Fran in October). One happy and unexpected benefit of reading your site was realising that U2 are touring the Joshua Tree, and I just bought tickets to go and see them this July!! Wahey - thank you to you ;-)

Last edited:
there is a new IR pack made by Ownhammer "Class A duo" with mix called "YUTU", SM58 Mic, very good !!
I bought this pack and haven't a chance to dig in - I'll have to try that one! I have been using a 2x12 SM58 In Cloth from the OH Justin York Collection 1 as my standard IR and it seems to translate well.

there is a new IR pack made by Ownhammer "Class A duo" with mix called "YUTU", SM58 Mic, very good !!
FWIW
I have this OH pack and I purchased Edo's Zoo presets.
I cant get the Ownhammer Cab/mics to sound nearly as good as the factory cabs which Edo uses... I've tried virtually the whole cab pack yesterday, but no matter what I do there seems to be a "dip" around the 1.8khz - 2khz region when using the OH stuff, notes just seem to ring out in all the wrong frequencies...
Edo's presets and choice of cab just could not be bettered - at least on my system.. Hat's off to him, these presets are absolutely spot on the way they are...;)

@54321pj ir's are probably the most influential element in shaping the tone, normally there are 2 different approaches I consider: 1 is to choose an IR to begin with and tweak the amp accordingly, 2 is to set he amp model like you would set the real amp and audition different ir's you'd normally associate with the real amp. Once you get close, you can then fine tune the amp settings.
For example, in my personal zoo tv patches, I use brighter it's (with mic closer to center) and set the treble cut a little higher. The difference is subtle but audible

Thanks for the added info. It was a question I had, if the mic settings and amp settings were tweaked for these stock IRs, or if I got the same sound you use if I just changed IRs to OH/ML/others. These comments for you made me think that it's better to just keep the presets as they are, except the odd tests for Streets/Bad/Pride

Thanks for the added info. It was a question I had, if the mic settings and amp settings were tweaked for these stock IRs, or if I got the same sound you use if I just changed IRs to OH/ML/others. These comments for you made me think that it's better to just keep the presets as they are, except the odd tests for Streets/Bad/Pride

Well, if you already have 3rd party ir's libraries, you can spend some time auditioning different ir's without touching the amp settings, you'll never know what the results are, you might get lucky! You can always duplicate 1 preset, try different ir's and A/B with the regular preset and see if its better / worse. Again, I obviously had to stick to stock ir's.
What do you mean by the odd tests for streets/bad/pride??

Just clumsy English on my part, I meant that Streets/Bad/Pride are the 3 songs I would experiment with other IRs on. 3rd party types. Perfectly "safe" as long as I copy the presets over to other presets as you said.

Reactions: edo
People can use my site as a reference when it comes to guitar used, and tuning. Of course, Edo didn't use the same specific guitar as Edge, but it might help to get the closest you have. In case you wonder if the ZooTV NY Day is set up for Strat or humbucker guitar, take a look here.

http://edgewannabe.net/recarchive/content/bpmfiles/bpm_zoodvd.html

http://edgewannabe.net/recarchive/main_bpm.html

I went through the "Strat songs" on ZooTV today while listening to the DVD audio in headphones, Beyer Dynamics DT 770 Pro. Great fun! I use an Edge Signature Strat like you.

I want to say the same for the Popmart Pack, great fun to try all the scenes while listening to the Popmart DVD audio in headphones. This is wizard level stuff if you ask me. I can't wait for the next packs

Back
Top Bottom