Wish Ability to label Bank 1 as Bank 0

New MFC owner/user here....

I'm pretty sure already that this can't presently be done, which is why I'm posting this in the MFC Wishes forum.

I usually use Preset Mode with Banks of 10 Presets each.
[Note: I use the Bank Style "None" so that the Preset selection is not sent while merely scrolling through the various Banks.]
I find it confusing when I'm scrolling through the Banks and, for example, I see Bank 7 and then select Preset #1 from within that Bank and the Preset that gets sent/loaded is Preset #61 rather than Preset #71.
I.e. I'd much rather have Preset #1 within Bank #7 be Preset #71.

So what I'm hoping for is that future firmware updates might add another Display Offset parameter to the Setup Menus so that I can designate the 1st Bank of Presets as "Bank #000" rather than "Bank 001" which is the only way to designate it now.

If I'm wrong and there is already a way to do this then please let me know and I'll delete this thread.

Thanks.

Also, while I'm thinking of it....

It would be nice if there was a way to Exit from the Bank numbers scrolling screen, e.g. after changing your mind and realizing that you don't want to change Banks after all, w/o having to first select a Preset from within some other Bank (or w/o having to remember the number of the Bank that the current Preset was in so you can reselect it).
[Note: I use the Bank Style "None" so that the Preset selection is not sent while merely scrolling through the various Banks.]
The Exit/Save switch seems ideal for this purpose.

Again, if this can already be done, please let me know how.

Bump.

New MFC owner/user here....

I'm pretty sure already that this can't presently be done, which is why I'm posting this in the MFC Wishes forum.

I usually use Preset Mode with Banks of 10 Presets each.
I find it confusing when I'm scrolling through the Banks and, for example, I see Bank 7 and then select Preset #1 from within that Bank and the Preset that gets sent/loaded is Preset #61 rather than Preset #71.
I.e. I'd much rather have Preset #1 within Bank #7 be Preset #71.

So what I'm hoping for is that future firmware updates might add another Display Offset parameter to the Setup Menus so that I can designate the 1st Bank of Presets as "Bank #000" rather than "Bank 001" which is the only way to designate it now.

If I'm wrong and there is already a way to do this then please let me know and I'll delete this thread.

Thanks.

Also, while I'm thinking of it....

It would be nice if there was a way to Exit from the Bank numbers scrolling screen, e.g. after changing your mind and realizing that you don't want to change Banks after all, w/o having to first select a Preset from within some other Bank (or w/o having to remember the number of the Bank that the current Preset was in so you can reselect it).
The Exit/Save switch seems ideal for this purpose.

Again, if this can already be done, please let me know how.

Bump.

Bump again.
Don't think it will happen. Seems like the easiest request. Literally make bank 1, zero. But no...they seem to only work on the amps and some effects. Is what is and appreciate all they do. Just wish the MFC101 got some attention and these requests looked at seriously.

The right side of the MFC screen shows the range of presets in the current bank whenever you hit bank up or down. If you watch that and ignore the bank number shown on the left, you'll have a better idea of where you are. This is also useful if you use a weird number for your bank size, since the presets then wouldn't line up nicely with the bank numbers. I had bank size set to 4 for a while so I could have an extra IA switch and would get lost in the bank numbers too until I trained myself to watch the preset range shown instead.

LED or LCD screens for all the switches would make it super easy too, so as you scroll through the banks, each switch screen would show exactly what it would select. I'm too cheap to spring for an RJM Mastermind though ($1900 for the big one... ouch!)

Last edited:
The right side of the MFC screen shows the range of presets in the current bank whenever you hit bank up or down. If you watch that and ignore the bank number shown on the left, you'll have a better idea of where you are. This is also useful if you use a weird number for your bank size

Yes, I realize that.
If I was happy working that way I wouldn't have started this Wish List thread.
And FWIW I only use banks of 10 Presets each at the moment which is why *I'd* like this feature.
I don't know how useful it would be for people working a different way.

Back
Top Bottom