Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

I skipped the first beta, but now I'm using beta #2. My main amps these days are the Plexi 100W 1970 and the Cameron CCV 2D. The main difference is everything feels "juicier" now, in a great way. The dynamics are awesome, and the overall tone is improved as well, especially on the Cameron. I loved the aggressive tone of the Cameron, but it always had a harsh "spittiness" in the upper midrange that I couldn't dial out. That's now gone, so it's still aggressive, but smoother and more balanced.

Epic, indeed.

Another awesome beta! I'm really surprised at level of separation between the amp and time-based effects. I wonder what Cliff did.

I looked at Double Verb just now and saw maybe a dozen of the more advanced parameters have changed. That's just one amp. Cliff must've been measuring params/data like a madman!

Last edited:
So while I love all the tonal improvements, the updates continue to wreak havoc with my patch levels, forcing me to go back and relevel. Is there a shortcut to the amp level parm either through the front panel or Axe-Edit so I don't have to go to each patch, then select the amp block, then go to the level parm for every patch? It would go faster if I could switch to the patch, turn a dial, switch to the next patch, etc.

RR

Sounds like quite a change is there, will thus prefer to wait to take the necessary time for this after the rehearsal of tomorrow, but look forward to implementing this FW. Thanks again FAS.

Is there a shortcut to the amp level parm either through the front panel or Axe-Edit?

RR
I use midi footswitch to do volume inc & dec via midi CC command. You can do same on MFC footswitch. Volume inc & dec is in i/o section, ctrl tab. Sending a CC will change final output by 1 db and save your patch. It's very fast/convenient.

Sure you can go in manually to amp level. But this is so much easier, I rarely mess with amp level. That said, every now and then I'll go back in, check my +/- db amount on output page, apply that to the amp level knob and zero the output on output page.

I had hernia surgery several years ago and wasn't supposed to lift anything heavier than a half-gallon of milk. I got so desperate to play guitar that I laid on the ground and slowly slid the guitar up my leg until it was on my lap. That way I wasn't "lifting" anything. :)

Awesome!

I use midi footswitch to do volume inc & dec via midi CC command. You can do same on MFC footswitch. Volume inc & dec is in i/o section, ctrl tab. Sending a CC will change final output by 1 db and save your patch. It's very fast/convenient.

Sure you can go in manually to amp level. But this is so much easier, I rarely mess with amp level. That said, every now and then I'll go back in, check my +/- db amount on output page, apply that to the amp level knob and zero the output on output page.

Very cool idea! Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try!
RR

Tendon release for "trigger finger" on left ring finger.

Yes, same as me but left index. Please talk to your dr. / hand therapist about exercises & massage you should be doing ASAP. I didn't work the scar tissue around the tendon well enough and it prolonged recovery and left some residual issues. They said "massage the scar" so I focused on the incision. That wasn't the right thing...

Good luck! Speedy recovery.

cab ir 62, Indispensable: Just went through many IR's I have bought and others in the axe and none like it. PLLLLLLLLLLLEASE take away some other obscure IR. I really dont understand why this has occurred since the LM was already available as a dl.

This is great news because there is certainly a strange thing in the low end of the hot kitty. I'm not a beta guy so I'll wait for the official firmware release, but I'm looking forward to this.

It's good. Really good. This amp has something special. I was getting beautiful musical feedback at very low volume through my studio monitors, and everything that was wrong with this model before is fixed.

This is great news because there is certainly a strange thing in the low end of the hot kitty. I'm not a beta guy so I'll wait for the official firmware release, but I'm looking forward to this.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to revisiting this one, too. I'd commented before that the model didn't sound like I remembered my Hot Cat 30 sounding, and was kinda shouted down for it. I remember it being nice, tight, and chunky!

Gotta wait until after my weekend gigs to try the new Beta, but I'm excited. Thanks again, Fractal Team!

Yes, same as me but left index. Please talk to your dr. / hand therapist about exercises & massage you should be doing ASAP. I didn't work the scar tissue around the tendon well enough and it prolonged recovery and left some residual issues. They said "massage the scar" so I focused on the incision. That wasn't the right thing...

Good luck! Speedy recovery.

He has exercises for me to start once the stitches come out next week. Than you!!

Hearing this new firmware I can't help thinking how, even though many of us would have been okay with Cliff going ahead and closing out the Axe FX I/II updates, how much unexpected improvement was there. Wow. Simply wow.

Did Cliff know this, or did his inspiration happen out of the blue? I will probably never know. But at least I know I am going to be writing music this weekend.

Been playing for hours and haven't even strayed from my higher gain patches.

I'm in love so far but looking forward to pulling out a Strat and Tele for my cleaner/bluesy/ambient patches.

is it placebo or do all three of the FAS Modern amps now just freaking GROWL....

Thx as always Cliff and Co !

My original post got deleted. Too bad any reference of it can't be wiped out either. It was an obvious joke on my part, meant to instigate. My post history shows no evidence of any inclination on my part towards any L six persuasion. Late Thursday night failed attempt at humor, with no offense intended.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I thought it was funny as hell.

Back
Top Bottom