Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

Didn't try the last beta. But I went from 6.03 to this beta 2 and welL 6.03 was amazing but this 7 beta 2 is delicious. That's all I can say. USA amps for the win!!!

You know the most awesome thing, and newer users might not truly appreciate this, is how the amount of tweaking required keeps dropping with each firmware update. I used to panic about "losing my presets" years ago because it was like having to start over. Now, I almost want to lose my presets. :) I'm always so excited with what will replace it.

My god, beta 3 is gonna be dividing by zero !

I wish you a fast recovery jyflorida, I hurt my arm this week and just that is getting on my nerves

Now that you mentioned it, I had updated all my "Mesa" presets by reselecting the Amp Block and setting my 5 band Eq and what not, and definitely heard an awesome change, but since you did not mention any changes to those amps in particular I thought maybe it was my ears playing tricks on me after hours of playing last night.!!
Looking back to your Release notes, I see that the first two Improvements mentioned due affect all AMP BLOCKS, so my bad for going head first into playing without reading release notes first .... LOL

The Triaxis LD2G, Y and R sound so much more like the real thing, it is awesome... It also increased the clarity overall in my presets using the Triaxis modeling (Tighter). That famous HUMPH in the muted chords, where you can't even tell what key it is, but there is no flubbiness... after you hit it, anyway, am I making sense? LOL

The Triaxis LD2G, Y and R sound so much more like the real thing, it is awesome... It also increased the clarity overall in my presets using the Triaxis modeling (Tighter). That famous HUMPH in the muted chords, where you can't even tell what key it is, but there is no flubbiness... after you hit it, anyway, am I making sense? LOL

Just the same here - a really great feeling by playing muted strings - at least for me with the Diezels, which have always been too flubby - so there is really TONE there without endless playing with the EQ´s.

The new 800 Mod doesn´t seem to be very exiting to me - sorry. But I like the Plexis and the Friedmann´s very much again.

Like have been said here several times - reset or resect the amps is absolut necessary. X/Y comparing with copied adjustments shows the difference.

Like this 7beta 2 very much - the notes seems to fly right of the fredboard, also with less gain. Thanks Cliff! It´s gonna be a long night here before playing the next gig saturday night.

Just tried the Fryette Deliverance model. It seems to have much less gain than before. I've never played the real amp so I can't say if that's how it is.

I know I am out of subject here, but is there any way we can download the new Factory presets one at a time instead of all at once, reason is, there are some amps that I do not use, but if I download all the new Factory presets, I believe they will overwrite the ones that I've created in those memory slots, so I would rather download one preset at a time and select where I want it stored? Anyone understand my question? LOL

I know I am out of subject here, but is there any way we can download the new Factory presets one at a time instead of all at once, reason is, there are some amps that I do not use, but if I download all the new Factory presets, I believe they will overwrite the ones that I've created in those memory slots, so I would rather download one preset at a time and select where I want it stored? Anyone understand my question? LOL
Yes use FracTool. Drop banks on the device icon then you can ear each preset one by one

man i gotta tell ya, i like the brit 800 mod much better before Q7 beta, much beefier. this new amp is good too, just way different.

any chance of keeping the original brit800mod and adding this new one under a different name?

ehhh - little known fact - the word "Quantum" was actually originated from the tv show "Quantum Leap"....

Also - did you know that the harp is a predecessor of the modern day guitar. Early minstrels were much larger people. In fact, they had hands the size of small dogs-

Hmm... pretty good alternate facts there ;)

If you want to see a great display of stringed (and any other) instrument history & lineage, this place is great:

http://philharmoniedeparis.fr/en/museum-exhibitions/museum-music

OK I will say this: it is like my guitar can breathe better now and it is not being choked a bit. And everything else feels more relaxed, not all tensed up.

that is how it feels.

It is great!

Thanks Cliff and team, sounds really nice.

Back
Top Bottom