Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta

Thanks for the feedback on the article. Had no idea...

It's right inasmuch as what most people attribute to 'power tube distortion' is actually the PI clipping, and the fact that power tubes really don't leave much sonic fingerprint. Rotating through the various options on the Axe is an illustration of that.

The rest of it, though...not so much.

Soon. Epic.

Goodness GRACIOUS!?!
I just can't stop cruisin' by...

I remember - we were somewhere around FW 11 - to have followed a discussion here on the forum. It was something about "I'm stressed by the pace of TEH wizzard and with every new FW, I have to go through my hundreds of presets and make them sound right". On the other hand the answer: "But we get the FW-upgrades for free. And the FWs keep coming".
Normally I'm more on the reading side and don't write comments, but back then I almost wrote something like "It might well come the day, when this black box simply c a n ' t get any better...

The faint-hearted guy I was.

Q7 is so epic it's proof of alien astronauts.

View attachment 37988

I believe every word you say.

W. O. W!
Thank you very much, Mr. Chase!!!

... I just can't stop cruisin' by...

D.

Q7 is so epic it's proof of alien astronauts.

View attachment 37988
lLxCoWM.jpg

Apologies if this has been asked already....just seeking some clarification. From the beta to the final release will it be necessary to reset the amp block in our presets once again in order to benefit from the changes? Reason I ask is, I already went through my presets and did the reset thing in the beta version. Took quite a while. Once done, my poor ears were too tired to notice the difference, but the next day with fresh ears it all sounds nice.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has bee asked already....just seeking som clarification. From the beta to the final release will it be necessary to reset the amp block in our presets once again in order to benefit from the changes? Reason I ask is, I already went through my presets and did the reset thing in the beta version. Took quite a while. Once done, my poor ears were too tired to notice the difference, but the next day with fresh ears it all sounds nice.

Can this be done in bulk with fractool?

Hello, all. Finally getting a break from work to actually have time enjoy my Axe FX II.
Should an ignorant beginner such as myself download the beta or wait for the firmware release?

Back
Top Bottom