New Cab Pack on the way based on VINTAGE FENDER COMBOS!

The presets that come with the pack have been created with the beta firmware. (they work just the same) It's all about scheduling and creating the pages etc. It might be as soon as tomorrow at best. :)

Just finished creating a new demo for this USA Combos Cabpack!
This song started as a demo but with 2:23 it's almost a complete song that has gospel, blues and pop/rock inspirations showcasing strat and LP typeof tones. I'm using the Shiver amp model with the Black Mix IR for the strat and 2 Tweed amps combined with the Brown and Tweed Mix IRs for the LP sounds.

Just finished creating a new demo for this USA Combos Cabpack!
This song started as a demo but with 2:23 it's almost a complete song that has gospel, blues and pop/rock inspirations showcasing strat and LP typeof tones. I'm using the Shiver amp model with the Black Mix IR for the strat and 2 Tweed amps combined with the Brown and Tweed Mix IRs for the LP sounds.

What a beautiful song and it definitely sounds great Harry!

That's great news! It's definitely something completely different than what I've done before. My clean to vintage IR needs are pretty much covered now. I know most people will be interested in the Tweed and Black but if you want that Marshally variant you'll love the Brown and if you want a modern glassy clean sound then the Blue will be what you're after. :) We tried to go for variety this time.

Will this cab pack help the Tweed Deluxe model achieve this Bonamassa tone (sans the pedal). All of my attempts give me a tubby bass. Joe's is a full bass but not tubby. He has a Celestion in his Tweed Deluxe. Go to about 3:40 in to hear just the amp - no pedal.

Will this cab pack help the Tweed Deluxe model achieve this Bonamassa tone (sans the pedal). All of my attempts give me a tubby bass. Joe's is a full bass but not tubby. He has a Celestion in his Tweed Deluxe. Go to about 3:40 in to hear just the amp - no pedal.

I will have to look into this a bit! :)

I will have to look into this a bit! :)

I used the tweed deluxe and one of the simpler tweed models combined with the brown and tweed mix IRs in my demo. The tone gets saturated but still open sounding. I set the deluxe to higher gain and mixed it in with the other tweed model set to lower gain.

I used the tweed deluxe and one of the simpler tweed models combined with the brown and tweed mix IRs in my demo. The tone gets saturated but still open sounding. I set the deluxe to higher gain and mixed it in with the other tweed model set to lower gain.

I can't listen to Soundcloud during the day. It gets blocked by my works firewalls. I'll check it out later.

... Joe has a Celestion in his Tweed Deluxe...

Just wanted to add that the ML USA Brown in this pack has a 1976 Celestion G12H30 Blackback speaker in it. The Celestion mod is very common for exactly the reason you described, many people feel that when you drive a vintage Fender that the focus of the stock speaker is more of a hollow sound rather than a full mid emphasized crunch. I know many guitar legends like f.ex. Edge have done it in the past and seeing Bonamassa doing it just puts a huge smile on my face.The 1976 Blackback is IMO probably the best speaker for the Marshall crunch. It is kind of a more controlled Pre-Rola sound without the sometimes nasally bite of the Greenback. Both Harry (@harmaes) and Tony (@Black Bitch) felt like blending some of that "Brown" in on their own. I never suggested doing that for either of them. :) I'm not even sure if either of them knew what the Brown speaker was at that point either.

Back
Top Bottom