VIDEO: HAAS Delay and how to use it

It has nothing to do with Quantum. A HAAS delay is just that...a delay. You're definitely doing something wrong.
Heres a screen shot.
Screenshot%202.png
Screenshot%202.png

Im only hearing any delay when I turn up the "L" Time. When I have the "L" Time set at 1 ms, I can have the "R" Time set to 1000 ms and I dont hear any delay.

Im only hearing any delay when I turn up the "L" Time. When I have the "L" Time set at 1 ms, I can have the "R" Time set to 1000 ms and I dont hear any delay.

What's your "Output 1 mode" setting in the I/O menu? Have you connected both channels of Output 1 (L & R) for monitoring?

If the sound is balanced left at the cab or output block, this could also cause what you described.

I'm only using one cab for monitoring. I switched it to left right sum an not I can hear the delay, but it just sounds like spanky reverb.

What's your "Output 1 mode" setting in the I/O menu? Have you connected both channels of Output 1 (L & R) for monitoring?

If the sound is balanced left at the cab or output block, this could also cause what you described.

To add to this, born2lift, are you running in stereo with two channels coming out of your AxeFx? If going into a console or soundcard interface, is the first channel panned hard left, channel 2 panned hard right?

There should be no "reverb" sound at all. Unless you're going mono or something?

Hi Danny. Awesome. Ive been searching for this. Never knew would be possible in Axe FX. Thanks. Too dumb question, where can I find the video? in youtube? Cheers!!!

this HAAS delay trick is so close to what the enhancer block does I can't decide which I like better at the moment.

this HAAS delay trick is so close to what the enhancer block does I can't decide which I like better at the moment.

I'll help you Chew...

Use the delay block if you want your rhythm to be a little looser. For example, set the right side delay to a larger number. Try like 80ms or even 100. Leave the left side delay alone. You'll hear that the bigger number on the right makes it sound more like two guitar players in one pass as it won't be as tight as my original settings. The lower the number on the right side, the tighter things will be. So if you want things a little loose and more human, use the HAAS delay. For things a little tighter, use the enhancement block as you can't edit the delay in that.

Now keep in mind...there is a drawback to the HAAS delay. It will mess with your ears and make you think the left side is louder. It's not...the left side hits your ears faster due to the smaller delay time. The enhancement block is perfect in the way it delays our signal and you won't notice any one side favoring another. BUT...it's so tight, it may not be what you're looking for at all times. The delay allows you to have a little more control over how loose or tight you want things, that's all. So if I were you....I'd make presets using both. :) Good luck, hope this helps.

IThe enhancement block is perfect in the way it delays our signal and you won't notice any one side favoring another.

Classic enhancer mode is just a delay on one side (adjustable from 0 to 20 ms) plus pan & phase adjustment. The non-delayed side will tend to seem louder, just like if you used a delay block to get the same delay time.

Sorry to revive an old thread. Would the delay in the cab block work for this too?

It may, but I've never been able to get that sound out of the cab block. Two different cabs in stereo *may* do it. But I've not played around enough to tell you for sure. It's rare I use stereo cabs....but when I have and messed with the delay times, I didn't get this effect.

Back
Top Bottom