Barefoot Buttons

Barefoot.jpg

Here is mine, easy to hook up, only one power supply plug direct on this old flight case I had lying around, a G10 for wireless, and a Trio+ for jamming. I stick with the regular size for the BFB, as I didn't like the look of the tall boys.

Thanks to Brett and @klaushouz for the nice deal.

hi, Anyone have a picture of their Ax8 with the acrylic buttons? can you see the led through them pretty well? thanks

hi, Anyone have a picture of their Ax8 with the acrylic buttons? can you see the led through them pretty well? thanks

Honestly, even on a dark stage..... you get a little hint of Green through the edge of them when a switch is active.....but they don't really block the LED's at all. I got them cause I thought the same thing you were looking for, but it didn't turn out to be what I thought it would be.

For reference, that picture was taken at about a 30* angle in front of the board which is a much steeper angle that you will ever be at when playing.....unless you are laying down on the stage, lol

Attachments

• 20160916_152327_zpsrjowqbuj.jpg
    20160916_152327_zpsrjowqbuj.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 132
Question for all those that have purchased and installed the Barefoot Buttons on their AX8's...... have y'all noticed that your button clicks seem louder now??? I never really noticed it before, but that last few times I have played at church I have been super sensitive to just how much noise a button press makes. I am not sure if our room mic is picking it up, or if it's the WL's mic, or the Pastor's mic, or what..... but I don't remember the presses being this loud without the Barefoot Buttons on there. Maybe they are and it's just been a while since I was in a super quite stage noise kind of environment.....

Honestly, even on a dark stage..... you get a little hint of Green through the edge of them when a switch is active.....but they don't really block the LED's at all. I got them cause I thought the same thing you were looking for, but it didn't turn out to be what I thought it would be.

For reference, that picture was taken at about a 30* angle in front of the board which is a much steeper angle that you will ever be at when playing.....unless you are laying down on the stage, lol

cool thanks for the picture, nice pedalboard! whats the small box mounted on the top? with the green barefoot? Ya alot of times im sitting down while playing so the angle is something i have to think about with the barefoot buttons that's why i wanted acrylic.

cool thanks for the picture, nice pedalboard! whats the small box mounted on the top? with the green barefoot? Ya alot of times im sitting down while playing so the angle is something i have to think about with the barefoot buttons that's why i wanted acrylic.

It is a Mini Tap Tempo from Dan @ T1M. I use it as an extra footswitch. I have it configured to control Filter 2 block that I use at the end of my chain as a solo boost to raise my level up a bit over the band when it is called for. I also have another of Dan's Mini Expression Wheel(what's pictured there next to my Expression Pedal at the bottom) mounted on the top right corner of the AX8 now as well. I use the Expression Pedal(Gutted Vox Wah) as my Volume/Wah control depending which I have in a preset, then the 2 Mini Expression Wheels to control various levels on various blocks(i.e. Delay mix, Reverb mix, Chorus/Flanger/Phaser level, Tremolo depth, etc...)

I wouldn't know, don't know much about aluminum but I have seen people that claim they do argue that it both is and isn't.

I was buying it for the utility, not the material and I think any major company would have charged more for them. Definitely worth it for me, I couldn't have re-created them as polished (literally) myself for anywhere near as cheap.

Great looking. i was concerned with the buttons covering the one LED but it doesn't..was thinking about getting the acrylic ones but don't think i really need too. thanks for the pic.

Thanks. Yeah, they're nowhere near as big as they look in pictures, covering the lights up isn't a problem at all. If you stood far enough back they would be blocked but, near the peddle, it's fine.

These look great, one my band mates just outfitted his AX8 with a full set of buttons. My initial thought is that these would block the view of the lights but after seeing them first hand the lights are very visible with the button attached. Looking to purchase a complete set for my AX8 when the next sale comes around.

Hi guys and gals, Its that time of year for me to do what I do.. If you know me , you know I try to work "special " deal with small, less than 12 employees, of American music supply companies. Killer deals for us AND a boost in sales for them. For all the people who didn't get in on last years killer sale on BAREFOOT BUTTONS, for your foot controllers and AX-8 and FX-8 floor units. Get ready for a repeat performance! Details forth coming...

BOOM!! Ho Ho Ho...Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah all... The BareFoot Button code for 2017 is HERE NOW!! I WILL ONLY SEND THE CODE TO YOU IF YOU MESSAGE ME ON THIS FORUM! THIS IS NOT FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC.The coupon code will ONLY be good for 5 days from TODAY! There is minimum order of six(6). The discount will be 30% off of RETAIL for the all products.THAT IS DOUBLE THE 15% WHOLESALE DISCOUNT FOR 6 regulars .... WE are getting 1st crack at getting the new colored Acrylics and Tall Boys too. The general public WILL NOT have access to them, only us,till we get out pick first.. for the next 5 days...

Barefoot Buttons – Guitar Pedal Buttons Easy On Your Feet
Born from a common problem, we created this easy to install customization for all musicians that use pedals, from guitarist, bassist, keyboardists, dj’s and so on. This…
barefootbuttons.com

Last edited:
I just may be the minority here but I'm not a fan of the big buttons... but as long as they make your tone better that's what matters!

And nice Gilmore sig quote OP... I think I've seen that somewhere before :D

Got black n red last year and they really improved the AX8 usability for me. Took advantage of the sale this year to add some purple and bought a few others as gifts. After a year of use, rehearsals, goofing off and 2-3 gigs per month, the black n red ones still look new, so durability has been really good, at least for me.
Brew AX8.jpg

Got black n red last year and they really improved the AX8 usability for me. Took advantage of the sale this year to add some purple and bought a few others as gifts. After a year of use, rehearsals, goofing off and 2-3 gigs per month, the black n red ones still look new, so durability has been really good, at least for me.
View attachment 43542

Hmmn, I'm not crazy over the color purple , but I will say the diagonal color change makes it easier to differentiate the buttons. Well done.
Now I'll be looking at buying MORE buttons. Damn it.

Back
Top Bottom