Justin Derrico: The Voice.

electronpirate

Axe-Master
Me and my twin girls love to watch this show. It's one of the few that emphasizes positive over the 'get ratings' critical (re: Simon) crap out there.

I've always admired how the band can 'nail' tones in the background. Paul Merkovich on keys is one of the most talented people on the earth. Justin is of course a monster guitarist; easily moving across genre's without fail...they are notable in that they provide incredibly solid music and never take away from the focus of the show: the singers.

I saw the tweet about Justin playing an AX-8. He seems like a perfect candidate for the Axe II...especially in his present gig. I know he has a pretty much unlimited budget when it comes to amps, but a few days with Matt should make him a convert to the Fractal system. It would be a huge kill for Fractal.

I may be behind the power curve here, but does he play Fractal full time? He should.

R

I should be able to find out. The lead instrument tech for the show (and Justin's guitar tech on tour) is a good friend of mine.

That said, the video clip I saw of Justin playing the AX8 looked like he was just trying it out. I agree, though, it seems like he'd be a great candidate to be Fractalized.

Justin is a great guitarist and there are some good videos of him with Pink's tours. He's also a Bogner fan and endorser, so that might keep him in that camp even if he loves the Axe. Here's a cool interview session...

The video I've liked the best is him and P!nk doing 'Baby I'm gonna leave you' on the Funhouse tour. Great one on one for the acoustic pieces, and killer solo at the end. Annoyed they pulled that one off of YouTube (the official version...lots of phone held ones out there.)

I'm a big fan of the voice and the positive energy and vibe of the show.

We watched American Idol for a long time too, but the shtick of making fun of some contestants always bothered me.

They did a little piece where they made fun of a boy scout. Even went to visit him at his house. The whole piece was meant to be a joke. REALLY turned me off to the show and Ryan Seacrest in particular.

My oldest son is an eagle scout and I'm very pro scouting however geeky it may seem.

One of the few TV shows I watch even when I'm home in Italy.
Justin is a great player and loved his work with P!nk.

We watched American Idol for a long time too, but the shtick of making fun of some contestants always bothered me.

They did a little piece where they made fun of a boy scout. Even went to visit him at his house. The whole piece was meant to be a joke. REALLY turned me off to the show and Ryan Seacrest in particular.

My oldest son is an eagle scout and I'm very pro scouting however geeky it may seem.

Geek is the new cool. I was a Cub Scout once upon a billion years ago.

Positive is the thing that I love about the show. There are so few things I feel like I can put on the tube that might teach my girls how to treat people...in these music shows there's too much of a culture of the 'chop them down'; belittling anyone who has the guts to get up there and put it on the line but maybe not the skills yet to pull it off (say nothing of putting totally unskilled kids up there and have a 'shame-fest'.)

To the Voice's credit, they only put people up there who have a legitimate chance to get on the show, but even if they don't have it, the coaches go out of their way to point out the good things they did, and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism on what to work on if they want to continue.

Justin! Make a rock record with P!nk! To me she is one of the top 5 rock singers we have out there right now...attitude, mad chops, and she can put on a show.

R

Geek is the new cool. I was a Cub Scout once upon a billion years ago.

Positive is the thing that I love about the show. There are so few things I feel like I can put on the tube that might teach my girls how to treat people...in these music shows there's too much of a culture of the 'chop them down'; belittling anyone who has the guts to get up there and put it on the line but maybe not the skills yet to pull it off (say nothing of putting totally unskilled kids up there and have a 'shame-fest'.)

To the Voice's credit, they only put people up there who have a legitimate chance to get on the show, but even if they don't have it, the coaches go out of their way to point out the good things they did, and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism on what to work on if they want to continue.

Justin! Make a rock record with P!nk! To me she is one of the top 5 rock singers we have out there right now...attitude, mad chops, and she can put on a show.

R

I don't agree. Geek will never be cool. But with 50% of the world population being geeks it's normal (just not cool).

I like Pink a lot. One of the best female voices I agree, especially in her song 'Who knew'. If only she could stop getting on stage in underwear. That sucked already when Madonna did it the first time. Also all this circus athletic stuff, meh. I want a rock show, now where's the beer bar ?

Never watched that show, but all 3 of my sons are Eagle Scouts. All 3 now in college, and the youngest is working on becoming a doctor. The middle son is graduating with a business degree in May,and the oldest went back for another degree (there's no future in history, so he's studying MIS now!). Scouting is a great leadership training program, teaching self-sufficiency and problem solving as well.

Never watched that show, but all 3 of my sons are Eagle Scouts. All 3 now in college, and the youngest is working on becoming a doctor. The middle son is graduating with a business degree in May,and the oldest went back for another degree (there's no future in history, so he's studying MIS now!). Scouting is a great leadership training program, teaching self-sufficiency and problem solving as well.

Completely agree about the benefits of scouting!

Back
Top Bottom