Ty Tabor Kings X tone

Sixstring

Legend!
Can someone with some single coils give this a whirl? I'm using my Carvin that has coil taps and would like to know if this is translating well for others.

I have 3 scenes the first two are supposed to represent an earlier Kings X tone while scene 3 has the Dual Rectifier tone for Dogman tones. Also note external 3 is set up for a boost.

Attachments

• Kings X.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 245
will give this a shot when I get home, love me some king's x. been trying to get the lab series l5 added for ages.

Yes ! I remember chiming in on that a few times back in the day but we need Ty's broken Lab for it to really work. pleas let me know whats it's missing amp tone wise, the effects should be pretty close light Corus and gobs of early reflections in the verb :D.

Not so much it's broke, it's the low input on the second channel where the magic is. I remember when I finally got a lab l5, and was trying the high channel wondering where the gain was, put in low, boom there it is.

After going back to the preset I posted I did some adjusting, the gain structor didn't sound quite right so here is the edited version...

Attachments

• Kings X.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 131
KINGS X went to college in my home town and they were first called The Edge and then later changed it to Sneak Preview. My band got to open for them three times after they made it big and they remembered us. They are very cool and nice guys.

Thanks for sharing, trying out your patch butt noticed you are using third party IR's(cabs), what are you using?

Nope! using factory I/R's, UR Stereo (FO15) 112 Brit Blue and (FO93) Class A 30 watt Blue mix! 70% LR pan. It should have been up loaded as a bundle.

Ok so I finally had a chance to crank this up and found more problems with it did some more tweaking and seeing how nobody is giving me any feed back Im guessing that they either liked it or had to tweak it to make it work for them.

I changed the Chorus and did some EQing got rid of the amp boost and tweaked the drive in the first 2 scenes. I haven't messed with the other two just focusing on the earlier tones. Can some one check it and tell me if it sounds ok?

Attachments

• Kings X.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 215
Nope! using factory I/R's, UR Stereo (FO15) 112 Brit Blue and (FO93) Class A 30 watt Blue mix! 70% LR pan. It should have been up loaded as a bundle.
OK, that made a huge improvement. For some reason I was getting a error stating there were third party components in the library hen I loaded the patch. Weird. It has happen it some other patches I try to load. Sounds better, though, I probably should try your updated patch now

OK, that made a huge improvement. For some reason I was getting a error stating there were third party components in the library hen I loaded the patch. Weird. It has happen it some other patches I try to load. Sounds better, though, I probably should try your updated patch now

Thanks! The preset issue might have been my fault I uploaded it as a bundle but wasn't using a third party I/R. the updated preset should load right up!

Can someone with some single coils give this a whirl? I'm using my Carvin that has coil taps and would like to know if this is translating well for others.

I have 3 scenes the first two are supposed to represent an earlier Kings X tone while scene 3 has the Dual Rectifier tone for Dogman tones. Also note external 3 is set up for a boost.
Can you please post a video so I can listen to it because I am still waiting for my Computer in order for me to download it, Thanks !!!

Have to say this sounds pretty darned great, been rocking it with my PRS Cu24 lately...I should bust my Fender Deluxe out and check it out!

Thanks! It's been a while and I have done a few tweaks to the preset adding a tad more bottom end. Things always sound good when you are dialing in using a track but then you turn it up and things get anemic.

I used to play PRS and had a CU24 great guitar! I must say my Carvin is right there, the neck is a tad different (a little narrower) but I have gotten used to it and is a bit faster for me which I like.

@JC Serrano I will see what I can do!

Thanks! It's been a while and I have done a few tweaks to the preset adding a tad more bottom end. Things always sound good when you are dialing in using a track but then you turn it up and things get anemic.

I used to play PRS and had a CU24 great guitar! I must say my Carvin is right there, the neck is a tad different (a little narrower) but I have gotten used to it and is a bit faster for me which I like.

@JC Serrano I will see what I can do!
thanks !!!

Back
Top Bottom