Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta

Hip hip hurray! I have a gig by the end of the month lets hope the update will make it on the ax8 in due time.

Sounds quite different! I´ve tested it loud today at home, I think this is important - more than bedroomlevel.
In previous FW´s I had to decrease the Highcut in the cabblock more than now.

The vintage Marshalls sound well balanced, great with singlecoils and Boost in front on the amp and very fat with Humbuckers.

Somebodey will miss the "sparkle" Highs in the clean amps?

The Superverb with the wrong Gain settings sounds very interersting, like a Hotrod-Fender.
Maybe an additional FAS-Version of this amp?

Last edited:
I can say I noticed a difference after loading this up last night. Maybe more of a difference than Q 5-6. I think I liked it better but its definitely different. I did notice the bass in my plexi's changed a lot. I would agree, sweeter, creamier and less harsh high end seem to fit the description of tone change. We really do seem to be at a point of such small marginal changes because it's so close these days. Thank you for the continued updates!

I can say I noticed a difference after loading this up last night. Maybe more of a difference than Q 5-6. I think I liked it better but its definitely different. I did notice the bass in my plexi's changed a lot. I would agree, sweeter, creamier and less harsh high end seem to fit the description of tone change. We really do seem to be at a point of such small marginal changes because it's so close these days. Thank you for the continued updates!

I think I noticed more bass in my Plexi patch when I was running through my presets with my Les Paul. Probably the only thing I may need to tweak as a result of this update.

I think I noticed more bass in my Plexi patch when I was running through my presets with my Les Paul. Probably the only thing I may need to tweak as a result of this update.

yea I had a tough time dialing it in to be a little clearer. Reading cliff's release notes I would say spitty seems to fit the sound and dialing back the PI bias shift did help but in trying to stick with the default value I played around with the input drive and bass and what not. Definitely more change in this FW but overall good I think.

Overall, I like where this FW is going. It feels like there's a little more compression on the attack and you don't need as much gain for a chord to get meaty. Since this is a beta, I found some oddities that may be worth looking into. I'm using an XL btw. The Wrecker Lvrpool sounds like it's got a gated fuzz on it compared to FW 6.xx. Just play "Back In Black" and you'll hear what I'm talking about. Also, the AC20 EF86 B model has a little bit of the same thing going on where even when the input drive is set as low as 1.7, it gets a fuzz-like tone compared to 6.xx that feels a little too aggressive and causes the model to lose it's punch.

The Fenders feel great, as do the Marshalls. In a dreamworld, I'd love to split the difference between 6.02 and 7.00b1 to get that balance of punch and tube compression. That's just me though. Either way, spending entirely too much time noodling and not being able to get any work done. After all these years, I'm just glad that guitar is still fun. Thanks FAS!

The sound of G (on the D string) has a weird sounding. Just this one key.

Using cust. scale pitch key+(3,3,3,4,4,5,5,5,4,3,4,4).

Just info to the beta..

Overall, I like where this FW is going. It feels like there's a little more compression on the attack and you don't need as much gain for a chord to get meaty. Since this is a beta, I found some oddities that may be worth looking into. I'm using an XL btw. The Wrecker Lvrpool sounds like it's got a gated fuzz on it compared to FW 6.xx. Just play "Back In Black" and you'll hear what I'm talking about. Also, the AC20 EF86 B model has a little bit of the same thing going on where even when the input drive is set as low as 1.7, it gets a fuzz-like tone compared to 6.xx that feels a little too aggressive and causes the model to lose it's punch.

The Fenders feel great, as do the Marshalls. In a dreamworld, I'd love to split the difference between 6.02 and 7.00b1 to get that balance of punch and tube compression. That's just me though. Either way, spending entirely too much time noodling and not being able to get any work done. After all these years, I'm just glad that guitar is still fun. Thanks FAS!

Read the release notes about the Trainwrecks. That's what they do (I've got one right next to me). Turn down PI Bias Shift to reduce the effect.

Haven't gotten a chance to play install the new FW yet, but is there any improvement for non-MV models? Recto 2 Red Modern is pretty much all I ever play.

Back
Top Bottom