Not your average guitar-based music

ralphonz

Inspired
Hey all,

I just finished my bands first album "The Multi-Dimensional Satchel". It's got Axe-Fx all over it. I used it for Guitars, Bass, Clarinet, Violin, Vocals, Drums and reverbs all over the album. Theres no soft synths, all the sounds were made using the Axe-FX and/or a POD HD500, Kaoss Pad or Wavedrum as well as the acoustic instruments.

Anyway hope you all enjoy it! Let me know what you think, I'd appreciate comments/suggestions.

It's free to download from our website too:
https://monkeypuzzlemusic.com/music/

Last edited:
nice stuff man!!! If all is AXE FX , amazing what the thing can do :)...but we know that don´t we?...your violins sound good...an own creation or the one that is around?

As a suggestion you might have some high gain stuff at some point to get it bigger...but that is taste and maybe not your cup of tea.....I like it the way it is already so...keep up the good stuff

nice stuff man!!! If all is AXE FX , amazing what the thing can do :)...but we know that don´t we?...your violins sound good...an own creation or the one that is around?

Thanks a lot dude!

The violins are played on an electric violin through the Axe FX. Same with the clarinet, that was mic'ed up with a condenser and put through the axe FX. It's all Axe FX but not all guitar! I think most people would be surprised to find out which sounds the guitar is plying occasionally! One day, when we're rich enough maybe we can buy an Axe Fx for the violin and clarinet players. It would be nice to have live but very expensive!

As a band we're trying to avoid any high-gain chugging and lengthly high-gain guitar solos. Really trying to get away from constant overdriven metal sound and with the Axe Fx the guitar is capable of so much more. But you are right, it's just down to taste, I'm sure I'll squeeze a few more high-gain parts in there in some future tracks ;) Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom