Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.02 Public Beta

The update for axe edit went to choose which drive, and wouldn't let me choose my main hard drive, and now it wont let me pick the applications folder to install too.. it just froze.

OK instead of clicking OK when axe edit opens, i downloaded it from the fractal site and it worked fine

Hey all

6.02 => put it on and was running through my gigging patches and the actual levels across my presets were all over the place ?!?!? [ they have all previoulsy been really well set with a DB meter and full stage level ]

Anyone else "hear" this ?

I dont think (?) the actual settings [ volumes ] have changed but it seems that the changes have significanlty affected perceived amp levels (?)

Its a weird one because this is not something I have really noticed before from Q1.x to Q5.x.

I went back to my Q5.03 backup ..... and all is fine (!)

Is this a known issue / others also having it ?

Ben

Hey all

6.02 => put it on and was running through my gigging patches and the actual levels across my presets were all over the place ?!?!? [ they have all previoulsy been really well set with a DB meter and full stage level ]

I dont think (?) the actual settings [ volumes ] have changed but it seems that the changes have significanlty affected perceived amp levels (?)

Its a weird one because this is not something I have really noticed before from Q1.x to Q5.x.

I went back to my Q5.03 backup ..... and all is fine (!)

Ben

Not my experience nor any of the beta testers.

Not yet at least.

But damn do those BB and PI sound good

still getting used to the movement of some knobs in axe edit, the preamp compressor used to be on the in the preamp section, now it's in dynamics (which makes more sense) it took me a minute to get used to the new layout, but I think it works a lot better.. I love this damn machine. I even love the editing software. Good design changes, whoever on the team did that.

Hey all

Ben

I had to raise output level +0.5dB to have the same perceived level as on Q6.01. This was on Recto Modern, Speaker Drive at 1 on both FW versions.

Ben

Each major version change implies changes to amp modelling that MAY affect your patches. With version 6 I found I needed to make small adjustments with drive, level and tone balance, and more so than previous version changes.

But I wouldn't call it an issue. I'd call it expected, and very much worth the effort.

fwiw, I don't use the level meters, I find it much better to do it by ear using perceived volume levels.

Thanks Fractal for confirming this - I'll go back and check my settings .... no doubt something I did but forgot about :) :(

Appreciated.

Ben

Yep. Definetly my bad. Checked my Amp Settings and several of them were definelty "out" - must have made some ABCD changes thinking I was on parameter x when in fact I was on parameter y.

Thanks again,
Ben

I have a bug on this beta firmware. Sometimes, once a day usually, the unit freezing then I changing presets. Only restart helps.

I'm getting some great tones with the new firmware, especially on some of the mid-gain stuff that used to elude me a bit. I'm mainly a hard rock/metal guy and the speaker drive is still doing good things if used minimally. I have noticed that anything beyond 2.0 on speaker drive is too much but I'm sure there are some amps that would benefit from more. Definitely was getting some great Blackmore tones with the 1970 plexi with some speaker drive. :)

Back
Top Bottom