Patch #62 Nuclear tone weird tremolo effect.

SJM

Not sure if im missing something but i get this weird tremolo like effect on this patch even more noticeable with reverb off. I tried shunting everything except the amp and cab blocks , made sure no LFO was going. This is the first time using the patch is it something baked into the model? R I'm running Q6.01 with the latest presets.

Check the tremolo settings in the amp block. It simulates bias tremolo that was built into some old amps. Turn depth all the way down to get rid of it.

Reactions: SJM
Excellent! That did the trick thank you so much! , I would never have thought to check there, this is all still pretty new to me. You guys rock!

That bias tremolo effect on that model, which is based of a Swart amp I believe, is the sweetest tremolo effect I've ever played.

One big reason I stuck with my axe II instead of the ax8 is that the ax8 doesn't have tremolo in the amp block and instead has the tremolo/planner block option only

Bias Trem is a different tone/feel than an optical Trem like on a fender deluxe, or a harmonic Trem like on a brown face. It's by far the best sounding to me, and it depends on the amp model how well it works. On the swart model is just so nice and swampy

That bias tremolo effect on that model, which is based of a Swart amp I believe, is the sweetest tremolo effect I've ever played.

One big reason I stuck with my axe II instead of the ax8 is that the ax8 doesn't have tremolo in the amp block and instead has the tremolo/planner block option only

Bias Trem is a different tone/feel than an optical Trem like on a fender deluxe, or a harmonic Trem like on a brown face. It's by far the best sounding to me, and it depends on the amp model how well it works. On the swart model is just so nice and swampy

The real amp is known for it's tremolo so that's why we used the bias trem on the preset.

Bias trem works by modulating the power tube grid bias. One of the side-effects is that the effect becomes less pronounced as you play harder which makes it basically "auto ducking". Also since it's modulating the bias it gives an almost Univibe like effect since the phase changes a bit too.

It's a very cool effect , i'm really glad you guys worked that in I was just going crazy trying to figure out where it was coming from. Is it possible to control the bias trem depth using a pedal?

It's a very cool effect , i'm really glad you guys worked that in I was just going crazy trying to figure out where it was coming from. Is it possible to control the bias trem depth using a pedal?
Yes, you can attach a modifier.

That amp has some of the best tremolo of any amp you're gonna play, so it's probably already on in pre made patches that use it

Agreed, I have been playing with the Tremolo Freq & Depth setting on some of the other models since this was pointed out. I am so thankful they added that capability, I love love love it. I can't wait to get a expression pedal so i can try attaching a modifier to the depth setting.

Back
Top Bottom