Axe II XL Cabs V's Ax8 Cabs

54321pj

Inspired
Apologies if this has been discussed before...?
I have an XL, but have been reading some Ax8 threads, and like some of the sounds / tones being posted there. I understand the presets wont auto load (I will no doubt have a look at the Fractool later)
But I wanted to know, if the factory cabs are the same, and in the same positions?

As in, I often read where members say I use Cab F61 etc for example (without actually saying what cab it is). And I want to know if the cab number would correspond to the same cab in position F61 in my Axe II XL..?

Thanks in advance for any info, or pointers to where I can get the info and compare.

A cab ir is has the mic baked in anyways. I've never set the mic to anything but "None".
I haven't either, however, if we were to think outside the box a just a little, & lose the preconception that, "it's wrong," and approached it as another tool to shape sound, it very well could turn out to be useful.

I haven't either, however, if we were to think outside the box a just a little, & lose the preconception that, "it's wrong," and approached it as another tool to shape sound, it very well could turn out to be useful.
I never said it was wrong. Never thought it was wrong. Just never needed to.

The mic settings, which are additional IR's (IIRC), are a surprisingly useful tone shaping tool. I don't really think of them as a certain mic, instead as things like "roll off bass", "high emphasis" settings.

One could certainly spend some time eq'ing different frequencies and come up with the same thing, but sometimes just by flipping through a few mic options I find one that adds, or subjects, just the right thing from an IR I'm using and gets the tone I'm after.

I never said it was wrong. Never thought it was wrong. Just never needed to.
Sorry I should have clarified that better. I wasn't implying that you thought it was wrong.
My point was that there are certain things that either wouldn't be done in a real setup or would be impossible outside the virtual world, but being that we are working within the virtual world it provides us various options that can be explored and can work well.

Back
Top Bottom