MFC-Edit 6.0 released Nov. 16th, 2016

bwanagary

Administrator
We're delighted to release the first of a "2nd Generation" MFC-Edit. We've been paying attention to new users for a while and have begun the first phase of a more intuitive, less intimidating mode of configuring your MFC-101. With the addition of the "Visual MFC-101" component you can now visualize the changes that you make. Here's a screenshot below showing how changes made to the IASwitches or the Bank Size/First Preset Switch affect the configuration. Changes made to the IASWitches or Bank parameters on the CONFIG BASE page are updated in the Visual MFC-101 in real time. There's more information in the online Owner's Manual. We have more plans to evolve the editor in a more visually interactive way. Click the image below to enlarge it.
Visual-MFC-101-02.png
Remember: you can always capture a dump from your MFC-101 directly into MFC-Edit from the "Tools" menu and then popup the Visual MFC-101 from the "Tools" menu to see how its configured.

I hope you find this feature useful. It is available now for update from our servers.
-G

Last edited:
Gary - I installed this last night on a Windows 10 computer and was looking forward to the visual mode.

When I tried it, I could see the "overlay" labia/outline) but there was no MFC image beneath it.

I tried checking the box for "opaque" but that didn't seem to make anything different.

I can grab a screen print tonight if this is not a known issue.

Gary - I installed this last night on a Windows 10 computer and was looking forward to the visual mode.

When I tried it, I could see the "overlay" labia/outline) but there was no MFC image beneath it.

I tried checking the box for "opaque" but that didn't seem to make anything different.

I can grab a screen print tonight if this is not a known issue.
Yikes. No, not a known issue. Weird. I'll fire up my Windows 10 and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.
-
UPDATE: I just downloaded from the FAS update servers and the update installed and ran fiine. The MFC-101 background looked fine. Could you send me a screenshot please? Also, you should have MFC-Edit 6.0 build # 3,712. Do you happen to have an NVIDIA graphics card by any chance?

Last edited:
Yikes. No, not a known issue. Weird. I'll fire up my Windows 10 and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.
-
UPDATE: I just downloaded from the FAS update servers and the update installed and ran fiine. The MFC-101 background looked fine. Could you send me a screenshot please? Also, you should have MFC-Edit 6.0 build # 3,712. Do you happen to have an NVIDIA graphics card by any chance?
I'll confirm everything and snag a screenshot tonight.

Ok - here is a screenshot:

upload_2016-11-22_19-38-29.png

Video card is "Intel HD Graphics 4600".

Now, this is not a current dump - it is from a while back. I've attached the dump here in case in matters.

I will try to grab a current dump and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Kevin

EDIT:

I found a later dump from July 2015 which is version 3.07, no difference.

I then found the "stock version 3.08 mk III" and loaded that. It looks the same...

Attachments

• mfc-NEW-out.syx
    137.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Ok - here is a screenshot:

View attachment 36281

Video card is "Intel HD Graphics 4600".

Now, this is not a current dump - it is from a while back. I've attached the dump here in case in matters.

I will try to grab a current dump and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Kevin

EDIT:

I found a later dump from July 2015 which is version 3.07, no difference.

I then found the "stock version 3.08 mk III" and loaded that. It looks the same...
Thanks Kevin. I think I see what the problem is. It was only working with the "Fractal Theme". Please look for a private message from me with a link to a new build. Once you can confirm that its working correctly I'll upload it to the servers for update.
-G

Thanks Kevin. I think I see what the problem is. It was only working with the "Fractal Theme". Please look for a private message from me with a link to a new build. Once you can confirm that its working correctly I'll upload it to the servers for update.
-G

Now that's customer service.

Thanks for the heads up Char2000. I think I forgot to update the build number. I'll check into it and push up a new version.

Gentlemen, a big shout out to you for your help! And particularly for attaching log files. I believe that the recursive update is fixed. There are two things that control the update prompt on the MAC - 1) The executing build number being lower than the number on the server, and 2) The "Log Level" in the File->Preferences->General tab. If the Log Level is set to 3 or greater then you will be prompted to update regardless of the versions. It's a failsafe way to force an update. Under normal circumstances the Log Level should be set to 0. Please check that the Log Level is set to 0 and perform the update. Let me know if it is still looping with the update prompt. I've tested on Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan and all updates work correctly.

Hey, @bwanagary, still doing it. I tried values of 0 (Where i found it) to 4.
Best thing is to open a support ticket - something else going on. Include the OS version (the numerical version), the installed MFC-Edit version. When I see the ticket I'll give you more information. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom