Yep. I'm Hooked.

Burgs

Power User
Certainly delivered the solid tone for this little improv over a jazzy groove track. Ch 3B with with multidelay and a couple of the Bulb Zilla Green M 121 cabs. There's some 808 with the gain backed off and level almost dimed that I kick in from time to time as well.

Here's the patch if you'd like to give it a go.
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4900

The backing track, "Autumn Trees" by Alex Hutchings can be bought for pittance from:
https://jamtrackcentral.com/store/type/jamtracks/

Last edited:
By the way, Alumitones are excellent pickups, in my opinion.

Brett, how do they compare to Kinmans? I've only used the Alumitone humbuckers and Kinman Woodstock Hot singles, but I like both of these noiseless solutions.

Certainly delivered the solid tone for this little improv over a jazzy groove track. Ch 3B with with multidelay and one of the Obot GB121 cabs. There's some 808 with the gain backed off and level almost dimed that I kick in from time to time as well.

If you want the patch, I'll upload it tomorrow.

Great playing and sound from that guitar I listened went on then thought that guitar Sound reminds me of something
and it was this...

Nice... Loving the Hook
Yeah, I'm really digging them too. I hope the manufacturer has moved a few more units. I'll bet the addition of the model in Q5 has really sparked some interest. I've sure been enlightened!
By the way, Alumitones are excellent pickups, in my opinion.

Brett, how do they compare to Kinmans? I've only used the Alumitone humbuckers and Kinman Woodstock Hot singles, but I like both of these noiseless solutions.
I love the Kinman's. I have the 59PAF's in my Les Paul, and they won't be leaving. I have Impersonator 56's in a Strat (yet to be demoed) and they ain't going anywhere either. These Alumitones are my first taste of the Lace line. They have a medium output that's very balanced and suit this guitar beautifully. So I won't be changing them out either, and I look forward to trying more from their range. Cheers and thanks for the comment!
Sounds great ! ! would love to try the patch :)
Thanks! You'll find a link to the patch up in the original post.
Great playing and sound from that guitar I listened went on then thought that guitar Sound reminds me of something
and it was this...

Crikey... Holdsworth! That guy's playing is so interstellar it makes me feel small to even watch him sometimes. So a tone comparison is very flattering. Thank you. I'm chuffed.

...I have the 59PAF's in my Les Paul, and they won't be leaving.

real PAF's or repo's? if so, by whom? I recently put a set of Duncan/Bonamassa Principal Skinner PAF's in my R9 and fell in love with them immediately.

What MFC tags are those Burgs? (second video) I like the large print plain look. Like to get a set of those.:)

Back
Top Bottom