Fractal Audio AMP models: Hot Kitty (Bad Cat Hot Cat 30)

I see Steven Wilson being mentioned, but he uses the Lynx. I wish Cliff would model both channels. :) Was Steven using the Hot Cat at one point?
Don't think so... I think it was always the Lynx from PT forward.

CORRECTION - Looks like he's using a Hot Cat 15 or 30 here, PT in 2006...

Last edited:
Whatever Steven Wilson uses, I'm sure there are many people in this community that would want to try it out.

Totally. On Equipboard he's listed as using (currently) a Bad Cat Lynx 50. And from the video posted above, he previously used the Hot Cat combo. I'd love a model of both channels of the Lynx.

Totally. On Equipboard he's listed as using (currently) a Bad Cat Lynx 50. And from the video posted above, he previously used the Hot Cat combo. I'd love a model of both channels of the Lynx.
Apologies for necro-posting.

I think SW used the Hot Cat live up to and including the Deadwing tour in 2005-2006. I think the Lynx first showed-up during the Fear of a Blank Planet tour. I personally preferred the his Hot Cat tone, but his tone with the Lynx is almost the same.

It's not clear how much of his studio tones came from the Bad Cat amps. Every time I see a behind-the-scenes video of him in the studio, he would have a few Marshall heads nearby. I think the In Absentia album is all Marshall, and SW is known to have used PODxt to add a few guitar layers on the Deadwing album. The Bad Cat amps might have been only for live performance.

Back
Top Bottom