With the news of overseas assembly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
Who's glad to own a Made in USA version? Or does it matter at all to you?

Truly cannot beat that price.

I don't believe for one minute that the M.I.C. version will be any less quality. Pretty sure we can expect that it just wouldn't be allowed.

Hoping for the best for everyone. Getting more of these in people's hands is a worthy goal.

Interesting.
Good to see they are passing the savings on too. Most companies would off-shore and not drop the price.
Good that units will get shipped out faster too.

I don't have an issue with China made stuff (I mean what isn't these days), but secretly glad I got a US made one, more so because I like seeing products made in their 'home' countries.

Wasn't it only assembled here? Chassis were made there as I bet were most of the parts. Cliff originally planned for it to made there but there were QC concerns. Looks like those concerns are gone now. With the price drop I will be more tempted to pick up a second unit on the used market

Been working running my own consultant company in China for over 10 years helping clients manage their projects in China and Taiwan.

Many failed projects comes down to
Crappy specifications (from buyers)
Lack of evaluation of potential supplier capabilities.
Way too optimistic project time lines/dead lines
Non existent or sub standard QC protocol
Trying to knock down the price beyond reason (The Chinese supplier will always find a way to make a buck or two, meaning cutting corners somewhere).

Given FAS has done their homework properly should work fine and we can enjoy an equally good product at a lower price.

Would be nice to keep the jobs here, but I get it, land / facilities / workers here are expensive. Crazy with shipping everything around they can still drop a few hundo on price.

Would be nice to keep the jobs here, but I get it, land / facilities / workers here are expensive. Crazy with shipping everything around they can still drop a few hundo on price.

That'll stop as soon as we're running out of cheap energy. But noone's going to like it.

Last edited:
Makes me very sad to see companies having to go out of the USA to manufacture products so they can stay competitive. Nothing like putting more of our citizens on the unemployment line and eventually them having to depend more and more on the government for support. I have a air conditioning business and all the manufactures of the equipment are leaving the USA due to union issues, labor costs mainly. The build quality of today's air conditioners has gone way down with service, warranty, calls becoming the norm, where warranty issues used to be non-existent. We can't all be white collar workers so what are we going to do with the rest? I may be in the minority here, but I don't made saving up a little more money to get a fully Made In USA product.

By the way, since they just lowered the cost of buying a AX8, those of us that have already bought one just took a big hit on its resale value. Look what the resale value of the original FX8 has done since they lowered its price, average of a $400.00 to $500.00 loss on a product at just about 1 year old. I know since I am trying to sell one now.

stepping off soapbox, sorry

Last edited:
Can you imagine all those chinese children, chained to their machines for 12 to 18 hours a day making 2 dollars a day just so you can have great guitar tone? Of course I'm kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom