Livin on a Prayer [Preset & Video]

Great, that sounds really good - I am working on the same piece tone right now

I could never get it to sound right with the expression pedal, so I used the sequence modifier to control the talk box effect

Here's where I am at so far - still working

Here's a sound bite, programmed drums and played the bass myself, I only play each part once, to make it short

My preset is attached

EDIT: I guess, I should write a bit more about, how the preset and the controllers work. No external controllers are used in this preset

The preset starts up in Scene 1, but at the instant, you start playing the riff, you hit the scene 1/2 button to go to scene 2, where the sequencer starts. The secuencer controls the Formant filter, and the subsequent filter block, because I did not feel enough effect from the formant block alone.

Switch back to scene 1 for the long C and D chords, where an LFO controls the wah block (and formant and filter are off).

Go to scene 3 for the pre-chorus and chorus and scene 4 for the solo.

Attachments

• LIVIN ON A PRAYER.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Great - I am working on the same piece tone right now

I could never get it to sound right with the expression pedal, so I used the sequence modifier to control the talk box effect

Here's where I am at so far - still working

Here's a sound bite, programmed drums and played the bass myself, I only play each part once, to make it short

My preset is attached

Sounds very cool. I did actually have a short play with the sequencer as well to see if I could make it work that way but never got anywhere close to where you're at. I was just learning this for my own pleasure, if we decide to play this with the band then using a sequencer and scenes to turn on and off the voicebox would be much easier playing wise although I got pretty good with the expression pedal in the end :)

I was actually quite impressed with your expression pedal abilities. I always got super frustrated trying to play this with an expression pedal.

I added some notes on how to use the preset to my post.

I was actually quite impressed with your expression pedal abilities. I always got super frustrated trying to play this with an expression pedal.

I added some notes on how to use the preset to my post.

Yeah, four scenes like that sounds spot on for live use :)

My Expression pedal work is to press all the way down on beats 1 and, 2 and, 4 and, leave it halfway on beat 3 and between presses.

These sound great guys! I always just used a LFO for the formant and went with it live. Yalls are better for sure.

Back
Top Bottom