Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

Obviously a lot of very happy customers, myself included. Thanks for all of your tireless hard work guys. Time to go fractice.

I've been mulling this over. I really like the latest firmware and I'm trying to figure out a way to have a Global parameter that forces the preset to override the modeling version on load. Perhaps a "Modeling Version Override" parameter. Choices would be Off and On.

I can't think of a reason that I'd use it, but for some reason my brain keeps going "Why not allow it to force any of the currently supported versions?"

None of this is helping me see Karl Malden clearly.

I am now doing batch commands with Frac Tool. I didn't realize this was possible. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Cliff, after you help with a 2.0 firmware question, can you take a look at my Betamax player, it's got those funny lines going across the screen when I try to binge watch my Streets of SanFranisco collection.

Thanks
And my 8-track player has some wow and flutter.

If it was caused by clipping, wouldn't the clipping light come on? I'll try that though and see if it goes away....thanks!

I believe that only shows output clipping. Someone will correct me I'm sure ;)

I think the internal routing is very high resolution, but I've created some awful sounds with improper gain staging in a patch.

I see some other comments about the FW version and Harmonics. Did that help at all?

This FW is the absolute best yet! The two amps I use most, are the Recto Modern Red and any of the Marshall's, which today, sound more like the originals than ever!

I do notice however some of the ASF/ Brit etc...have this strange crackling/ trailing off noise etc...ONLY with certain types of OD pedals, like the TB08 for example, and a few others, like what was posted earlier in this thread. Removing those pedals eliminates the issue fully. But I don't know enough to say whether this is normal behavior or not. I know it doesn't happen in the Recto amps at all.

That aside, this Axe just gets better daily and makes me play more and more and more!!!

Thanks to everyone @ FAS and of course the fearless team leader, who makes all of this possible! What a fantastic product, truly fantastic!!! I'll buy the III when it comes, just because! :)

Hi. I don't post much these days. But have to say that I have no words for the outstanding support and the patience for us. Cliff and the whole FAS team ... YOU ROCK!!!
Btw fell in love with the Hook. Never had it like this. Selected the amp and all the good things are there. :tonguewink:
THANKS a lot!!! :sunglasses:
"Btw fell in love with the Hook. Never had it like this. Selected the amp and all the good things are there."

This!:D

This FW is the absolute best yet! The two amps I use most, are the Recto Modern Red and any of the Marshall's, which today, sound more like the originals than ever!

I do notice however some of the ASF/ Brit etc...have this strange crackling/ trailing off noise etc...ONLY with certain types of OD pedals, like the TB08 for example, and a few others, like what was posted earlier in this thread. Removing those pedals eliminates the issue fully. But I don't know enough to say whether this is normal behavior or not. I know it doesn't happen in the Recto amps at all.

That aside, this Axe just gets better daily and makes me play more and more and more!!!

Thanks to everyone @ FAS and of course the fearless team leader, who makes all of this possible! What a fantastic product, truly fantastic!!! I'll buy the III when it comes, just because! :)

Can you post a preset and sound clip demonstrating the noise? Without these things we cannot evaluate the problem (if there really is one).

Yep but that's one of the many many many great reasons we all go Fractal.
I'm sorry but the day but a piece of gear because the company owner is nice to guys whining about updated on a weekend is when I go and start DJ'ing.
Have you read all the moans about the mk1/2 running out of firmware updates. So it's postponed... What happened next time same "we the buying public are entitled to more amps".
This is just frigging crazy.

Just loaded. Drives sound so good it's stupid. They feel more "clear" for a lack of a better term. I had already made some presets for this sunday that I love, then went ahead and updated just to see...good grief they sound even better. TYVM FAS.

Attachments

• 001_THE GREAT I AM.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 002_HOLY x3.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 003_ THE CROSS.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 004_MAN OF SORROWS.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 24
Has the CF Hardness parameter been added to the amp block in Axe-Edit or is access restricted to the front panel? I couldn't find it in Axe-Edit.

Back
Top Bottom