Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

Hi. I don't post much these days. But have to say that I have no words for the outstanding support and the patience for us. Cliff and the whole FAS team ... YOU ROCK!!!
Btw fell in love with the Hook. Never had it like this. Selected the amp and all the good things are there. :tonguewink:
THANKS a lot!!! :sunglasses:

I mentioned this in the Q5.0b thread, I believe, but I'm definitely getting some sort of crackling or clipping that I wasn't getting with previous firmware versions. I'm using the same preset I've been using for a while, set to latest. CPU is at 74% and the clipping light is not coming on.

I also checked to see if there's static on the pick-guard and there isn't...don't hear anything if I stop playing and rub the pick-guard.

I'm using the following chain;

Strat -> FET Preamp -> Delay -> AC30TB -> Cab -> Reverb.

I tried bypassing the FET Preamp and I still get the same result.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar with Q5?

Have you tried turning off each block in turn? Maybe you are clipping somewhere else in the chain.

What I'm hearing I wouldn't describe as distortion, it's more like a crackling sound or static. I'll try another set of headphones too.

How are you routing to your headphones? Through an interface? DAW? SPDIF by any chance? If do, make sure you are running at 48kHz sample rate.

Hi,

As there have been some FW updates and I have started from scratch (fully empty and clean system) I wonder if in due time the factory presets will be updated from Q2.01 to Q5? As modelling has changed quite a few times and also some new amps. I would be very interested.

View attachment 35753
If possible and very usefull it would be great if the AMP example presets would be 5 Scene examples with clean, crunch, rhythm, heavy, solo

I'm going to write a little batch process program to update all the factory presets to the latest modeling and maybe tweak the first 128 (the amp showcase presets) a bit if necessary but it's too much work to make multiple scenes for each.

Hehhehhehhehheh!

We could probably start another thread speculating on what equipment would be Cliff's hunting gear of choice!
He would just PM him a "beta" firmware to see if it fixes the issue but that Fw actually makes the ax explode after you reboot post Fw install. Nice and simple lol

Should we reset or deselect block for Marshall-ish or anything else amp before this update?

Is there a way to change once all the presets on LATEST?

I've been mulling this over. I really like the latest firmware and I'm trying to figure out a way to have a Global parameter that forces the preset to override the modeling version on load. Perhaps a "Modeling Version Override" parameter. Choices would be Off and On.

I'm going to write a little batch process program to update all the factory presets to the latest modeling and maybe tweak the first 128 (the amp showcase presets) a bit if necessary but it's too much work to make multiple scenes for each.
With algrenadine's fractool you can batch set any parameter ;)
Is there a way to change once all the presets on LATEST?
even this

@FractalAudio ... @edo asked a question about parameter values on the Class-A 30W TB having "regressed" to values that were in FW 2.01... just need confirmation that the latest FW amp modelling *should* use these values or is this an error?

PREAMP PAGE PARAMETERS:
Namely --- PREAMP BIAS and HARMONICS
in LATEST = -0.020 and 0.750
in FW 4.xx = -0.400 and 0.000
in FW 2.01 = -0.020 and 0.750
in FW 2.00 = -0.400 and 0.000
(PREAMP HARDNESS also changed between FW2.00 and 2.01 from 9.2 to 8.2) but is consistent across recent FWs...

Great firmware. Backwards compatibility pfffftt . I don't need or want it. Capt Hook models are very nice perfect for the clean to edge tones.
If this the MkII's final firmware absolutely fine. All the years I've owned the unit barely scratched the surface of the possibilities.

No probs, was just wondering?
Thanks for the quick answer!

Just adding my voice to the praise for the hook amps. Dang but they sound good. Even for an 80's metal sound with tube screamer in front it's killing the Friedman. Very excited.

Cliff, after you help with a 2.0 firmware question, can you take a look at my Betamax player, it's got those funny lines going across the screen when I try to binge watch my Streets of SanFranisco collection.

Thanks
Excuse me @rodzimguitar68? My question wasn't about firmware 2.00 if you read it properly... its about the LATEST FW having values which were LAST SEEN in FW2.01... and I am merely asking whether this is correct.

Cliff, after you help with a 2.0 firmware question, can you take a look at my Betamax player, it's got those funny lines going across the screen when I try to binge watch my Streets of SanFranisco collection.

Thanks

He's not asking for help with a 2.0 patch, he's asking why the mentioned default parameters in 5.0 have reverted back to default parameters that were used in 2.0 and if that's the way it's supposed to be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom