Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.00 Firmware Released

Post it. If it using Modeling Version 2.00 and a Harmonics value other than 0.0 I will hunt you down and kill you.

Scene 2 crackles for me, I included a 3rd party IR that really enhances it. I am using a Les Paul with JB pickups not sure if that matters. You need to play chords to make it crackle btw.

Attachments

• Marshall JCM800 Crackle.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 13
Cliff - I'm loving the new firmware! Mostly I hear a "sweetness" and clarity in heavily overdriven tones if that makes sense. Less hash and more of that really faint octave up on decay. It's honestly so much better than any real amp that I can't imagine why people who don't play arena bother anymore. Two thumbs very firmly up!

Scene 2 crackles for me, I included a 3rd party IR that really enhances it. I am using a Les Paul with JB pickups not sure if that matters. You need to play chords to make it crackle btw.

Not doing it here and there was no IR included. I can only assume you're clipping your power amp or monitors.

Dumb question, but what happened to the free cabs that used to be bundled in the firmware zip? I'm sure i can find them out there on Axefx.fr archive, but just curious. I blocked out my entire day tomorrow to thoroughly enjoy my new rig :) Thanks Cliff & team!

those cabs are with the axe II firm ware I believe. your signature shows you have an XL+, those cabs are already in your unit.

Not doing it here and there was no IR included. I can only assume you're clipping your power amp or monitors.

I have a feeling that you can only hear it with certain IRs. I use a lot of 3 Sigma IRs which for some reason seem to enhance the crackles. I tried a few factory cabs and the crackle went away.

Dumb question, but what happened to the free cabs that used to be bundled in the firmware zip? I'm sure i can find them out there on Axefx.fr archive, but just curious. I blocked out my entire day tomorrow to thoroughly enjoy my new rig :) Thanks Cliff & team!
They're baked in to the XL/XL+ firmware. Only MkI/II firmware releases included them as separate IR files in case people wanted to load them in to user slots.

I have a feeling that you can only hear it with certain IRs. I use a lot of 3 Sigma IRs which for some reason seem to enhance the crackles. I tried a few factory cabs and the crackle went away.

Cannot replicate even with your IR. I think you're just hearing the natural distortion. That IR is really bright and peaky. FWIW it's more crackly with 4.xx modeling IMO.

Capt Hook 3B. When I put Saturation switch to 'Auth' it nearly goes silent. Is that correct?

3A too. Not that it cripples me or nuthin.

They're baked in to the XL/XL+ firmware. Only MkI/II firmware releases included them as separate IR files in case people wanted to load them in to user slots.

I figured it was a dumb question - Thanks :) Just goes to show how much time I've had to play with my XL+ since getting it (i.e. none). Haven't had time to even begin copying my MKI patches over yet.

Hi Fractal

Apologies if this has already been answered - Im running 5.00 PB and all good ..... are there any changes of note in the 5.00 Final (?) .... or are there just some minor-under-the-hood-fixes (?)

Thanks again,
Ben

Hi Fractal

Apologies if this has already been answered - Im running 5.00 PB and all good ..... are there any changes of note in the 5.00 Final (?) .... or are there just some minor-under-the-hood-fixes (?)

Thanks again,
Ben

The Capt Hook and USA IIC++ models are broken in the beta. You should load the release version. Otherwise everything else is the same.

Back
Top Bottom