Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

Just a kid from Long Island made good.

Geez, you really make a guy dig. I had no idea if this was true:

"Six-string wizard Steve Vai, along with his onetime teacher Joe Satriani, set the standard for rock guitar virtuosity in the '80s. Born on June 6, 1960, and raised in Carle Place, New York, Vai became interested in the guitar via such legendary artists as Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Alice Cooper as a teenager and, upon starting high school, took lessons with an older player from the school, Joe Satriani.
"
http://www.mtv.com/artists/steve-vai/biography/

Sorry, but I would understand it if the complete architecture has changed. A lack of flash memory is a design problem in my opinion. This mistake was done in the past, when the Mk1 was designed and now the users have to pay for it. Not the best regarding the reputation for a company like FAS.

Sorry, but I would understand it if the complete architecture has changed. A lack of flash memory is a design problem in my opinion. This mistake was done in the past, when the Mk1 was designed and now the users have to pay for it. Not the best regarding the reputation for a company like FAS.

This is indeed a joke, right ?

The II was introduced in 2011. An enormous load of new features and models has been added since then. It's not comparable to any other product. And don't forget they were all free. You only pay for the hardware, once.

No! I think there should be a difference between a device as the AxeFx and for example a mobile phone, especially regarding lifetime and also support. Sorry but I'm really, really pissed off and it's not so easy to bring to that point.

I would understand if the complete architecure has changed but too less memory is no acceptable reason in my view. Let new amps away for example but give us the improvements of the modelling.

No! I think there should be a difference between a device as the AxeFx and for example a mobile phone, especially regarding lifetime and also support. Sorry but I'm really, really pissed off and it's not so easy to bring to that point.

Let me assure you that your feelings are completely irrational. It's had a LONG life of support and if this really is the last firmware ever, I'm completely satisfied. How much more stuff do you need? Seriously, what exactly do you think it's lacking at this point?

As long as Axe-Edit will maintain support for Mark I/II I'm a happy camper.

You obviously aren't a normal and decent kind of human being then. Forums are an odd bunch. Romeo?
Sorry, but Cliff, Matt and the FAS team have done so much for the community and with this product that anyone having your attitude towards it or them is deserving of some ridicule.

Sorry, but I would understand it if the complete architecture has changed.
But the complete architecture has changed, at least in the modeling department. Quantum modeling didn't exist when the Mk I came out—not even in Cliff's mind.

A lack of flash memory is a design problem in my opinion. This mistake was done in the past, when the Mk1 was designed and now the users have to pay for it. Not the best regarding the reputation for a company like FAS.
Design decisions for the Mk I were made six and seven years ago. Ninety updates (90! :)) have been released since then, each one adding new features, new complexity, and new memory demands. In the electronics and software development world, there's no way to predict what requirements will be even five years down the road. Fractal took their best shot at that prediction, and that's how they built it. The fact that they were able to keep it going for so many years is a credit to their reputation.

Generally firmware updates are free on a premium product, so that argument is invalid, it is a shame that there is no facility to clear out all the unwanted or barely used items in the unit. Ah well, looks as though I came to the party a little late and I'll have to stick with my MkII, such a hardship ;) .

Amazing update!
Thank you Cliff!!

I have reached my happy place since FW 6.0 . Anything after that was and is just bonus. Every time!!

When I had the Ultra, it was not a problem, that it stopped at FW11! Many people still enjoy it!

Time flies and and we get new things that require upgrades.

Thank you again!

I would understand if the complete architecure has changed but too less memory is no acceptable reason in my view. Let new amps away for example but give us the improvements of the modelling.

Did you just give the speech from Billy Madison?

What is also germane is that a user has no idea the risks involved.

My brother designs parallel processors and has told me horror stories of the nature of chip and part ordering and production. I'm grateful that Fractal has survived and made some wise decisions to be able to develop to an extremely high, rewarding-for-player, level.

A user isn't going to understand the requirements and where they impact a machine, such as with respect to improved modelling in the later II Firmwares. Its understandable that people have feelings, but why make assumptions with our emotions instead of our intellects? 0_0 Is it the human condition to be always learning to balance these things?

I am greatly satisfied with the current state of the II since I mostly do recording stuff, and have access to a lot of new developments FX-wise from other sources. Then I do understand that guys are invested with expectations of continued trends, and did not forsee this.

I'm sure the discussion here will help clarify the reasoning, and I imagine the soundness of Cliff's decision-making will become evident. If not, since Fractal was somewhat of a last bastion for me, I'll just give up on all musical equipment companies, buy a square foot of land adjacent to the Alps, and learn yodeling.

Back
Top Bottom