Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

Thanks very very much Cliff.
The Cali Leggy is my favourite amp on the Axe-Fx II.
I am really looking forward to trying the Legato 100.
This is like an early Christmas present!!!

I can't wait to get home and try my Recto 2 preset with the improved drive algorithm. When I borrowed a friend's TS9 a while ago, I compared it side by side with the Axe's TS-808 (which is actually a TS-9 model, but you probably new that) I felt that the Axe's model was just a little lacking, but maybe this update is the nail in that coffin. Can anyone tell a difference?

Due to the positive response I'll work on adding the Clean channel for the final release.
the Hook is one killer sounding amp! didn't enjoy a new addition as much like this in a long time. surprised that the real amps never caught my attention before.

would it make sense to have the "non - Edge" settings as well or is the difference not worth it ?

Any body else having issues with downloading the XL file using a Mac and Firefox? I get this weird exe file in my downloads folder and it hangs up.

Goodbye BE V2, Hello Capt Hook!

The rhythm channel of this amp sounds amazing. Boost function takes it from smooth and chewy to "RAWK!". Plays nicely with drives and super responsive to volume control and dynamics. It's going to be a long time before I play with the Legato model because this thing is like a playground.

Last edited:
Any body else having issues with downloading the XL file using a Mac and Firefox? I get this weird exe file in my downloads folder and it hangs up.

It's a .syx file and not a zip so make sure you are doing a save as and not trying to run it. Sorry, I'm not a mac person so I can't give you a more detailed process than that.

the Hook is one killer sounding amp! didn't enjoy a new addition as much like this in a long time. surprised that the real amps never caught my attention before.

would it make sense to have the "non - Edge" settings as well or is the difference not worth it ?

It would be really great to have the 'non edge' settings.. Edge is always off on my HOOK amp. It makes a big difference.

By the way, bonus thanks to FAS for throwing this out there for the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend.

:kissingheart:

Back
Top Bottom