Block Libraries?

kartman

Inspired
Guys...

At one point, there was discussion about creating sub-forums for various blocks (eg. Reverb, Pitch, etc). Any more thoughts on this? Simeon shared his personal work in the form of PITCH, DELAY, and SYNTH libraries. Stuff like this is invaluable to me as I'm not a player that has owned 100's of pedals and amps over the years.

I've only been playing for about 4 years and came almost immediately to the modeler world as it can be very cost effective and limits the clutter (i.e. spouse approved).

Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody has some faves to share? Specifically, effect blocks that you love or that do a great job of recreating a specific effect pedal... For example, I've been resisting buying a Strymon BigSky because the sales pitch to the wife was "if I have this, then I won't need ALL THESE!" :) I found the Java patch which just got me wanting more options with which to tinker.

I realize this thread is kind of open ended but I was hoping to generate some discussion and renewed sharing.

-Mike

Its very easy to save your own blocks from any given preset. I'll often do this on ones I create, or from patches I like, where maybe I don't like the amp settings, but if it has a cool delay etc.

Makes it easy to build up a nice little collection of "go to" effects settings, that work for my own needs and taste, and its much quicker than having to always retweak settings. There already are quite a number of emulated settings for most effects blocks, but I really find those to be just starting points, and the names are pretty meaningless, as just because it says for example X, doesn't mean that its remotely how I used to set that pedal, so to me, it may sound totally off base.

Which brings me back to the original point; just save whatever sounds good, call it what you like, and use as needed. For example, I don't care if a delay setting is a nice emulation of a Boss DM-2 or what not, I just name is "slap back delay" and when I want that type of delay, I select it and its tweaked and ready to go.

Takes a little work, but in the end, you end up with a collection of unique and personally tailored blocks, and I'm always still adding them when I check out some patches.

A while back there was some collections of delay blocks and such, not Simeon's by the way, and it was like you load up 40 of them, maybe 1 sounds good with some tweaking, and then you've got this huge mass of settings to wade through every time. Better to just save stuff as you find it useful IMO, gives one a smaller, but entirely useful collection of settings.

I do the same with IR's. Having a folder with 10,000 doesn't make me work better or faster. Having a folder with 10 options lets me pick my chosen "go to's" and get back to music

+1
Already requested in wishlist
but under a different form ;)
missing a sub forum, the effects section!
this is strange, considering that the production also includes FX8 :confused:
yek has done a great job, with amplifiers :D
I hope that this request will be taken seriously, sooner or later :cool:

kartman, considers the free patch, you can save these effects block and rename them, if you like their work ;)
try searching my links in signature......

Last edited:
+1
Already requested in wishlist
but under a different form ;)
missing a sub forum, the effects section!
this is strange, considering that the production also includes FX8 :confused:
yek has done a great job, with amplifiers :D
I hope that this request will be taken seriously, sooner or later :cool:

kartman, considers the free patch, you can save these effects block and rename them, if you like their work ;)
try searching my links in signature......

+2 for us FX8 guys..

Back
Top Bottom