FX8 V3.60 Released

J

joe rogers

Now available for immediate download: FX8 V3.60. New Features and some small bug fixes. As always, please read the release notes before installing. We always strongly encourage you to back up your FX8 with Fractal Bot before installing new firmware.

The new firmware is available here:

FX8 Original V3.60

FX8 Mark II V3.60

NOTE: Please ensure you are downloading the proper firmware for your unit (Original or Mark II).

In support of the new firmware, there is a new release of FX8-Edit available for download here:

FX8-Edit V1.4.2

Firmware Release Notes:

FX8 V3.60 separates FX8-Edit from control of the front panel, as well as some bug fixes.

Additions:

· All operation of FX8-Edit is now separate from the operation of the front panel. NOTE: any changes made on the front panel of the FX8 while FX8-Edit is attached will still cause a refresh of the editor.

· Removed the Footswitch grid restriction of allowing the same block on multiple footswitches. Now that footswitches have the ability to be latching or momentary, it can adventitious to attach both a latching (for both BYPASS and X/Y Toggle) to a block, while allowing the BYPASS to be assigned to a momentary switch at the same time.

· Added TILTEQ, LOWSHELF2, HIGHSHELF2, and PEAKEQ2 to the Filter block.

Fixes:

· Buttons (SCENE, ENTER, PAGE, EXIT, EDIT, and STORE) now work correctly while on the LOOPER screen.

· CS1 and CS2 now correctly load the default state on a preset change.

· The Filter on Voice 2 of the Synth block works correctly now.

· Adding a controller to a modifier with AX8-Edit correctly lights the edit LED.

· Panning all the way right with Pan parameters other than the Balance no longer mutes the output on the following effect blocks:

o Pitch
o Multi-Tap
o Enhancer
o Delay

The new TILTEQ is really cool tool for post-preamp tone shaping. Try it as the first POST effect.

with this new release is it possible to have two different footswitches for the same relay (one controlling the tip, and the other the ring)? I want to be able to switch between clean/dist and crunch/lead as i was using the amp's footswitch

Can you please explain me how to do it? I connect relay output to the footswitch input of my head. Tip switches between clean and distortion, and ring switches between crunch and lead.
I need a relay block that switches relay1 tip on/off and a second relay block for relay1 ring on/off

My amp has 2 inputs for channel switching. So my clean channel = Off, My crunch channel = Tip and my lead channel = ring
I use a splitter Female TRS to 2 male TS, one is wired tip and the other ring. Using both relays and 2 splitters, I can also switch Solo and EQ the same way.

You need to use the Config tab in FX8-Edit. Each Relay has three different states. Off - Tip - Ring. So your presets can be configured to switch your channels.

So, depending on your amp setup. you likely will use this or a variation thereof. If your only have one TRS input and want to use both relays. Possibly a reverse version of the splitter (male TRS to 2 female TS).

Attachments

• channel.jpg
    channel.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 7
  • splitter.jpg
    splitter.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 7
with this new release is it possible to have two different footswitches for the same relay (one controlling the tip, and the other the ring)? I want to be able to switch between clean/dist and crunch/lead as i was using the amp's footswitch
2 Switches can be the same Relay, but since it's the same Relay, it would be the same settings on each switch. The Switch and FS page just control the on/off of the underlying settings. It's not a different "instance." So I would say the answer is no.

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what i feared... Maybe I shoud write it on the wish section of the forum.

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what i feared... Maybe I shoud write it on the wish section of the forum.

I just re-cabled my switching. Best-tronis SKU: GI10-ZZ-XX. One cable (TRS) with wye on end (TR) to relays on back of MB-V. I use scene switching right now. FX8 works great.
I know this did not answer your question but the cable is awesome..

Just curious what the problem with the scene approach is? It works for your scenario, it can be configured to work exactly like what you have in mind.

A relay block wouldn't affect other effects. Suppose i'm using the clean channel, then I switch on a delay. If I use a relay block to switch to lead channel, the delay will be still on. If I use a scene, the delay will be only as saved into the scene.

I can get my Mark V to switch on RELAY1 (X) Ch1 & 3 (Y) Ch1 & 2 by placing my switch on back of amp to ch1 or all. Not sure why it won't do Ch 2 &3? This is placing a Relay1 on the unit itself. I would think this would be possible some how. If off is Ch1 and tip is Ch2 and ring is Ch3. Maybe a different type of cable.. :confused:

I can get my Mark V to switch on RELAY1 (X) Ch1 & 3 (Y) Ch1 & 2 by placing my switch on back of amp to ch1 or all. Not sure why it won't do Ch 2 &3? This is placing a Relay1 on the unit itself. I would think this would be possible some how. If off is Ch1 and tip is Ch2 and ring is Ch3. Maybe a different type of cable.. :confused:
looking at the manual, you have four TS jacks for channel switching on the mkV 90 watt, labeled "chan 2", "chan3", "solo", and "eq"

if you run a TRS-> 2TS Y cable from relay 1 to the chan 2&3 jacks, you should be able to select between the three channels with
  • "off" = channel 1
  • "ring" = whichever of channel 2 and 3 you connected the ring cable to
  • "tip" = the other channel
you won't be able to use "both" in this configuration, as your amp can't run two channels at the same time.

if you want to control the EQ and solo modes, you can use a second Y cable from relay 2

Back
Top Bottom