8-string prog GoPro playthough video! Q.4 Recto MDRN2 and OH ENGL goodness!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everyone!

I finished this video today.
I got a GoPro last week for my YouTube channel so I'm excited to share this video with you guys.
All the tones are Axe FX of course and the main rhythm tones are Recto 2 mdrn.
If you want to know more about the tones I recommend checking out the 8-string tutorial video on my channel.

Kevin from OwnHammer keeps releasing amazing IR's.
The ENGL pack was used in this song and it's my favorite pack for low tuned metal.
It's a must have for that genre imho.

I used my Ibanez M80M Meshuggah signature guitar.
It sounds so crushing for similar tones and it's a unique sounding guitar for sure.
My other 8-string (Ibanez TAM10) has a different sound which you'll also hear more of soon!

For my channel I have more playthrough videos lined up in various genres, definitely not only metal.
So if you want to stay up to date I'd appreciate it if you could subscribe or follow us on facebook.

Cheers!

www.facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio

This is not a reflection of your playing or producing because I do like your material a lot, but the guitar used here sounds a bit dull or lifeless, does it sound that way to you ?
The reason I ask this is because I was going to build one for myself using the same wood and wondered if there was anything you would change about it. Does it have a Lundgren pickup ?

This is not a reflection of your playing or producing because I do like your material a lot, but the guitar used here sounds a bit dull or lifeless, does it sound that way to you ?
The reason I ask this is because I was going to build one for myself using the same wood and wondered if there was anything you would change about it. Does it have a Lundgren pickup ?

Thanks for your comments!
I'm a huge fan of this guitar and the sound so it doesn't sound lifeless to me at all.
I wouldn't change a thing to be honest.
It has a very specific sound though, and I'm sure not everybody likes that sound.
Nothing wrong with that of course.
There is a Lundgren M8 in that guitar indeed.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably go ahead with the build on the strength of that, thanks again.

I really like your vid! My equipment is quite similar (M80M+AX8) but my playing skill needs more practise ;-)

BTW: I wouldn't call the M80M lifeless at all. Like Guitarjon said it has a very specific sound which you have to like. The mids can be very pronounced when playing a muted Eb powerchord on the 3rd low string, but that's how this guitar is meant to be...
On the other hand I have never played a downtuned guitar with such a tight and clear distortion sound on the lowest two strings like this one.

I really like your vid! My equipment is quite similar (M80M+AX8) but my playing skill needs more practise ;-)

BTW: I wouldn't call the M80M lifeless at all. Like Guitarjon said it has a very specific sound which you have to like. The mids can be very pronounced when playing a muted Eb powerchord on the 3rd low string, but that's how this guitar is meant to be...
On the other hand I have never played a downtuned guitar with such a tight and clear distortion sound on the lowest two strings like this one.

What he said!

Back
Top Bottom