Morgan AC20 with Treble Boost in front - Brian May Guitars demo (video)

Burgs

Power User
I had to demo a BMG Special for my channel yesterday. That meant I needed to come up with a reasonable patch that paid homage to the referred and revered tones of Dr Brian Harold May. I remember reading that the Morgan AC20 Deluxe was pretty good with a Treble Booster in front of it and it is!

So, following the demo for the guitar (using this patch, see: ) I thought I may as well make a demo for the patch itself. Here it is.

The preset can be downloaded from http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4116

When we had to play Don't Stop me now (Queen) in the cover band, I remembered watching this video on youtube (and I might even have downloaded the patch then). I adapted the patch to my guitar, my taste and the song (the cocked wah really helped hitting that nasal Brian May tone)

Anyway - Here is my take on the Don't stop me now solo using an adapted Burgs patch.

Great tones, Burgs . . I'm lucky enough to have a Red Special and it is one of the most stable guitars I've ever played. I'm using it thru a Kemper at the moment as I haven't taken the jump to an AX8 or AX FX , at least not yet. Great demo . .thanks for posting.

When we had to play Don't Stop me now (Queen) in the cover band, I remembered watching this video on youtube (and I might even have downloaded the patch then). I adapted the patch to my guitar, my taste and the song (the cocked wah really helped hitting that nasal Brian May tone)

Anyway - Here is my take on the Don't stop me now solo using an adapted Burgs patch.

That's great! Must learn it myself now. :)

Great tones, Burgs . . I'm lucky enough to have a Red Special and it is one of the most stable guitars I've ever played. I'm using it thru a Kemper at the moment as I haven't taken the jump to an AX8 or AX FX , at least not yet. Great demo . .thanks for posting.

No worries. I'd love to play a close RS one day. One day.. :) Rock!

The 12AX7 B is my favorite amp for everything soulfull, Johnson/lane stuff, it's ridiculous how well it cleans or how fat it gets depending on pickup volume, without alteration of the top end. I usually crank master and gain, turn the bridge pickup almost down, set a great clean tone, then turn the volume up. I also turn up the bright knob and dynamic presence, and use a master fuzz in front. Legendary tone...

The 12AX7 B is my favorite amp for everything soulfull, Johnson/lane stuff, it's ridiculous how well it cleans or how fat it gets depending on pickup volume, without alteration of the top end. I usually crank master and gain, turn the bridge pickup almost down, set a great clean tone, then turn the volume up. I also turn up the bright knob and dynamic presence, and use a master fuzz in front. Legendary tone...
i always love Shawn Lane tone on the Powers of Ten Cd.

Back
Top Bottom