Fractal Audio AMP Models: Yeks PDF Guide

Great in print too:

book.jpg

Update Aug 14 2016:

Version 2 of the guide is now available. Download it here.

The entire guide has been updated. Content has been added. Errors were corrected. The layout has been improved. The contents of the guide are now more up-to-date than the original threads.

This is a guide you can print and put on your table. :)

Thanks, Alexander & Simviz

YeksGuide kopie.png
book.jpg

----------------------

Original message:

Dear Fractalites,

On Feb 22nd I started the “Fractal Audio AMP models” thread series.

And... it's complete. All 249 current models have been described and discussed into detail, which translates to just under 100 actual amps plus a number of virtual ones. Click here to see all threads.
EDIT: with the help of forum member @simviz the contents of all threads have been bundled in a PDF guide.​

And yes, I totally underestimated the work involved. ;-)
Most of the time I could keep up with the planned “one-thread-a-day” rhythm, but TBH, towards the end I got fed up with it. But hey, the job had to be finished of course.

I cleaned up the corresponding amp list in the wiki and made sure the information in the wiki and the threads is consistent.

I made presets for most of the models. Click here to download. They were created on my Axe-Fx II XL. Use FracTool to convert them to other devices.

- DONATE -

I have a great job (not related to music) and I’m doing fine. I’ve never asked for a donation for wiki maintenance etc.

But there are other people on this earth who are in need. My girlfriend Mariette visited Nepal in 2016 to do voluntary work, among others in a children’s home. Where young children stay, who otherwise would have to live on the streets and risk becoming victims of human trafficking, which is a big issue in Nepal, sadly. While she was away, I started writing the threads.

If you found the series of threads entertaining, perhaps learned something from it, enjoyed the read or just want to show appreciation, please consider donating in return. Any amount you feel is right. It will be used to keep helping these children, through a bona fide organization.

You can donate at:
https://www.paypal.me/alexandervanengelen

If you don’t use Paypal, and still want to donate, please send me a PM and I’ll mail you our bank account data.

Thank you.​

Dear Yek, Thanks for the great work and all the effort you are putting into this... its a God send... just a small correction regarding the JS410 Satriani Amp... the related cabinet is a Marshall 1960A with G12 T75 speakers... i know this because i own the real amp and cab.

Reactions: yek
Dear Yek, Thanks for the great work and all the effort you are putting into this... its a God send... just a small correction regarding the JS410 Satriani Amp... the related cabinet is a Marshall 1960A with G12 T75 speakers... i know this because i own the real amp and cab.

Thanks, will correct!

So it's a different cab as the standard 410 cab?

Only suggestion I have is I think the cover page should say "Last updated [date]" on it. If not the cover page then somewhere else.

Just found out today of this guide. WOW...just WOW thank you very much!! It is really fun to read with all the quotes, i.e.:
I go for Silver (which is why I never became an Olympic athlete).” – yek

HAHAHA :D

Would be super cool to link this with axe edit somehow. Probably more trouble than its worth but what do I know. Anywho, looks great Yek. Even the small things like referencing which knobs to turn on the amp model...etc. Great help

Update Aug 14 2016:

Version 2 of the guide is now available. Download it here.

The entire guide has been updated. Content has been added. Errors were corrected. The layout has been improved. The contents of the guide are now more up-to-date than the original threads.

This is a guide you can print and put on your table. :)

The guide is being updated very frequently. Maken sure you're always using the current version.

Thanks, Alexander & Simviz

YeksGuide kopie.png
book.jpg

----------------------

Original message:

Dear Fractalites,

On Feb 22nd I started the “Fractal Audio AMP models” thread series.

And... it's complete. All 249 current models have been described and discussed into detail, which translates to just under 100 actual amps plus a number of virtual ones. Click here to see all threads.
EDIT: with the help of forum member @simviz the contents of all threads have been bundled in a PDF guide.​

And yes, I totally underestimated the work involved. ;-)
Most of the time I could keep up with the planned “one-thread-a-day” rhythm, but TBH, towards the end I got fed up with it. But hey, the job had to be finished of course.

I cleaned up the corresponding amp list in the wiki and made sure the information in the wiki and the threads is consistent.

I made presets for most of the models. Click here to download. They were created on my Axe-Fx II XL. Use FracTool to convert them to other devices.

- DONATE -

I have a great job (not related to music) and I’m doing fine. I’ve never asked for a donation for wiki maintenance etc.

But there are other people on this earth who are in need. My girlfriend Mariette visited Nepal in 2016 to do voluntary work, among others in a children’s home. Where young children stay, who otherwise would have to live on the streets and risk becoming victims of human trafficking, which is a big issue in Nepal, sadly. While she was away, I started writing the threads.

If you found the series of threads entertaining, perhaps learned something from it, enjoyed the read or just want to show appreciation, please consider donating in return. Any amount you feel is right. It will be used to keep helping these children, through a bona fide organization.

You can donate at:
https://www.paypal.me/alexandervanengelen

If you don’t use Paypal, and still want to donate, please send me a PM and I’ll mail you our bank account data.

Thank you.​
amazing job Yek.......just astonishing.....................

Yek:::::::::,,just wanted to say , THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!! , the sacrifice of time , and efforts ,that you have put forth is hard to imagine ,all the hours of accumulating and organizing into very useful info ..... WE SAY THANKS with great Appreciation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU for all this work yek. Really - the collection of information like this has added immeasurable value for the Axe for me.

Back
Top Bottom