Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

It looks substantial. It doesn't weigh as much though. Maybe 30 pounds or so with the softcase. The Temple Audio boards are very light. The only thing on the underside is a Powertrain 1250.
I keep looking at those boards - I love the concept. I need to sort out whether to get another pedal and a switch or two before I decide on hte right format. They are definitely contenders though.

I keep looking at those boards - I love the concept. I need to sort out whether to get another pedal and a switch or two before I decide on hte right format. They are definitely contenders though.

I got one this week and have been busy putting a new layout together for my AX8 based rig. Had some minor 'hacks' that needed to be done to get it to work for me, but I'll post full details and pics, hopefully over the weekend.

Sukh

I got one this week and have been busy putting a new layout together for my AX8 based rig. Had some minor 'hacks' that needed to be done to get it to work for me, but I'll post full details and pics, hopefully over the weekend.

Sukh
Ooo, very interested in what you'll come up with. I loved your PT-1 setup, to the point that I was actually looking into buying one myself. But I just got my Temple Audio Duo 24 (literally wiring it up right now) and I'm loving it!

Only issue I'm having is I don't see how I can get the IEC cable through one of the port holes on the top... I think I saw someone on here that had that done though, so I'ma go back through and see if they can help me.

Hey man, I looove your board. It's one of the rigs that sold me on getting a Duo 24. I just got mine and I'm wiring it up right now, but I have a problem that I'm hoping you can/would be willing to help me with. How did you get your IEC cable through the top?? I bought the IEC inlet module and I'm worried about damaging the cable if I force it (which I'm still not even sure will work...). Thanks!

I think I see black electrical tape around the power cord in the last picture of the underside of the board. Maybe the wire was cut and spliced back together? If so, not ideal.
Damn, I think you're right. In that case I think I'll just buy an IEC cable and an Edison end to Frankenstein myself a cable to run to one of these little things I found on Amazon
41L%2BEfucI2L.jpg

Ooo, very interested in what you'll come up with. I loved your PT-1 setup, to the point that I was actually looking into buying one myself. But I just got my Temple Audio Duo 24 (literally wiring it up right now) and I'm loving it!

Only issue I'm having is I don't see how I can get the IEC cable through one of the port holes on the top... I think I saw someone on here that had that done though, so I'ma go back through and see if they can help me.

Hey mate! My new boards looks Ssssssssmooooking! Will post pics this weekend.

To get the power cable through (IEC), I had to cut the cable, feed it through the board and then joined up the cut ends using a terminal block underneath the board. As I said, I had to do a couple of 'hacks' to get this board to work perfectly for me, but I'll document all that in my post later on.

Damn, I think you're right. In that case I think I'll just buy an IEC cable and an Edison end to Frankenstein myself a cable to run to one of these little things I found on Amazon
41L%2BEfucI2L.jpg

It's a simple thing to do. Cut the cable, feed it through, connect it under the board using a terminal block and cover with electrical tape for added safety. Done it many times over the years - perfectly safe, super tidy and works flawlessly.

Hey mate! My new boards looks Ssssssssmooooking! Will post pics this weekend.

To get the power cable through (IEC), I had to cut the cable, feed it through the board and then joined up the cut ends using a terminal block underneath the board. As I said, I had to do a couple of 'hacks' to get this board to work perfectly for me, but I'll document all that in my post later on.
Can't wait!

Thanks for your help btw, I'd never heard of terminal blocks before. I'm gonna see how things go with the stuff I ordered last night, and if that doesn't work out then I'll check those out!

IMG_4839.jpg IMG_4840.jpg IMG_4841.jpg IMG_4842.jpg IMG_4843.jpg IMG_4844.jpg Alright guys, finally got my rig put together and I love it! I still have a bit of work to do (yellow patch cable has to go) and eventually I'll add either a Shure GLX-D or a Line 6 Relay G70 above the expression pedal, but this is my "finished" build from last night! This is also my first attempt at getting that "pro" look underneath the board and keeping everything super tidy. Pretty pleased with how it turned out
IMG_4839.jpgIMG_4840.jpgIMG_4841.jpgIMG_4842.jpgIMG_4843.jpgIMG_4844.jpg

View attachment 33950 View attachment 33951 View attachment 33952 View attachment 33953 View attachment 33954 View attachment 33955 Alright guys, finally got my rig put together and I love it! I still have a bit of work to do (yellow patch cable has to go) and eventually I'll add either a Shure GLX-D or a Line 6 Relay G70 above the expression pedal, but this is my "finished" build from last night! This is also my first attempt at getting that "pro" look underneath the board and keeping everything super tidy. Pretty pleased with how it turned out
View attachment 33950View attachment 33951View attachment 33952View attachment 33953View attachment 33954View attachment 33955
Nice looking board @der_cake Good work on hte cables too. I think I need to get my @ss into gear and sort out something for myself too. I need to rig up a temp angled board at home so that I can see if I like the AX8 on an angled board versus a flat "trailer trash" style board. I'm concerned about the angles on angles etc - especially with the expression pedal.

What are you going to put your board in to transport it to and from gigs etc ?

View attachment 33950 View attachment 33951 View attachment 33952 View attachment 33953 View attachment 33954 View attachment 33955 Alright guys, finally got my rig put together and I love it! I still have a bit of work to do (yellow patch cable has to go) and eventually I'll add either a Shure GLX-D or a Line 6 Relay G70 above the expression pedal, but this is my "finished" build from last night! This is also my first attempt at getting that "pro" look underneath the board and keeping everything super tidy. Pretty pleased with how it turned out
View attachment 33950View attachment 33951View attachment 33952View attachment 33953View attachment 33954View attachment 33955

Looks great! I had a red XLR cable on my board that I couldn't stand the look of so I painted it black with permanent marker!!

Hey man, I looove your board. It's one of the rigs that sold me on getting a Duo 24. I just got mine and I'm wiring it up right now, but I have a problem that I'm hoping you can/would be willing to help me with. How did you get your IEC cable through the top?? I bought the IEC inlet module and I'm worried about damaging the cable if I force it (which I'm still not even sure will work...). Thanks!

I just run the cable through the side and zip tied it there. No need to cut it.

IMG_4852.JPG IMG_4853.JPG
Nice looking board @der_cake Good work on hte cables too. I think I need to get my @ss into gear and sort out something for myself too. I need to rig up a temp angled board at home so that I can see if I like the AX8 on an angled board versus a flat "trailer trash" style board. I'm concerned about the angles on angles etc - especially with the expression pedal.

What are you going to put your board in to transport it to and from gigs etc ?
Thanks! I definitely spent a good amount of time debating between an angled board or a flat board (I nearly bought one of the Creation Music flat boards), but I didn't like the idea of having all power and cables running up top. I was concerned the AX8 being angled plus an angled board could be annoying, if not a straight up problem for me, but I think it feels great! Even my expression pedal feels good, but I do have a little baby one so ymmv with an EV-1 or similar.

For transport I bought the Temple Audio soft case for the Duo 24. It's not the most protective thing ever (flying with it probably wouldn't go well) but for just going to and from gigs it feels solid and does the job. Here's a couple pictures I took this morning at church

Looks great! I had a red XLR cable on my board that I couldn't stand the look of so I painted it black with permanent marker!!
Hahaha, I feel ya man! If I'm honest, one of the reasons I liked your PT-1 board so much was just how black it was

Where did you get the square cable tie?

Where did you get the square cable tie?
I think your referring to the zip tie mounts, they are sold separately from the zip ties and come in black, white, and clear. They have adhesive backs and they also have a screw hole in the center if used where adhesive won't work. Aside from hardware stores they can also be found at Home Depot, Lowes, etc., as well as online. I've seen them in 1/2"-3/4" and 1" sizes. Here's a blown up photo of what I'm referring to;

GDR_45-MBUVB.jpg

Last edited:
Hey AX8ers.......I just realized that I never added my set-up & pics here in this killer thread.............So......

I went with the "Flattrash" board (24" x 12") & the ATA case for protection.

My goal was the smallest footprint that could also hold the EV-1 expression pedal too.

:cool:

Any issue with height with the flat board and AX8? I can't find the internal height of the TrailerTrash website. Really want to go with the ATA case, and keep to the smallest foot print.

Back
Top Bottom