Normally I would use a Vibrolux Reverb. But this time...

Burgs

Power User
... But this time, I built something so close (and I think better sounding), based yet again on the work of the FAS Tremolux model and Yek's preset, that I'm wondering whether anyone will be able to tell the difference, despite my disclosure in the video's description block. We shall see. Check it.

How does the real thing compare to the fuzz models in the drive block?

With the caveat that this is clearly one badass pedal, and you obviously know how to make it do your bidding.

How does the real thing compare to the fuzz models in the drive block?

With the caveat that this is clearly one badass pedal, and you obviously know how to make it do your bidding.

I own good examples of most of the classic fuzz circuits - Tonebenders MKI, II, III,.. Fuzz Face, Muffs, Bee Baa, etc... The models found in the current firmware are OK, but I wouldn't be substituting the real thing for them just yet. At least not if authenticity is paramount. However, the models do have their charms as well so I treat them not so much as exact emulations of the 'real' thing, but as pedals with personalities of their own. It's a psychological thing: they all offer great tones and inspiration if you don't get too hung up about them being exactly like the real thing and just have fun. Otherwise, find the right amp model (a clean AA793 circuit like the Tremolux works for me) and stick the real thing into the chain. You won't be disappointed.

Nearly 1200 views in 12 hours and not a single dislike or cynical comment from the AML (Anti Modelling League). That, folks, is a breakthrough for me because it means I can safely fade out the labour and decibel-bashing intensity of miking real amps. And it also suggests a big amp sale is on the horizon. :D

Last edited:
Just a lot of American stuff...a good laugh via a forum post was well timed for me and appreciated.

Just a lot of American stuff...a good laugh via a forum post was well timed for me and appreciated.
Of course. My apologies, I was thinking something big was going down at FAS. Yes, the American stuff... felt just as strongly over here and other parts of the world. No good. I needed the laugh too. My best to you and yours.

Yes! And, YES!

Been there. It feels good.

Keep a couple of favorites though.

...I can safely fade out the labour and decibel-bashing intensity of miking real amps. And it also suggests a big amp sale is on the horizon. :D

Back
Top Bottom