Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

New build in progress, trying the AX8 for size first ...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 113
Hey AX8ers.......I just realized that I never added my set-up & pics here in this killer thread.............So......

I went with the "Flattrash" board (24" x 12") & the ATA case for protection.

My goal was the smallest footprint that could also hold the EV-1 expression pedal too.

This set-up & rig is working VERY WELL for me & here's the link to where I ordered it from too.............

http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/flattrash-boards

Peace! X-Mann

PS - Sound & video clips of the AX8-X rig can be found on the follow "FULL FUN" thread O X! :eek:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-ax8-mann-cometh-pics-video-audio-review.114059/

:cool:

Last edited:
Some really nice setups here - I feel inadequate :D

My first modeler - finally got fed up with my massive pedalboard and constant gear-swaping. Loving my AX8 - when I feel like trying a new amp I just load one up instead of sell gear ->buy new amp ->sell amp ->buy more gear....so much easier on the wallet!

Anyways, my humble setup - just need a nice case :)

IMG_20160709_041026.jpg

Some really nice setups here - I feel inadequate :D

My first modeler - finally got fed up with my massive pedalboard and constant gear-swaping. Loving my AX8 - when I feel like trying a new amp I just load one up instead of sell gear ->buy new amp ->sell amp ->buy more gear....so much easier on the wallet!

Anyways, my humble setup - just need a nice case :)

View attachment 33712

No need for board-envy mate... your setup looks great! Congratulations on the new purchase :)

Sukh

What about generic labels like "Hot" "Mod" "Wildcard" "Go!" "Cool" etc?

Indeed, and that's actually the way the vast majority of my AX8 customers have labelled their boards - using a template layout that works for all patches and nomenclature that applies regardless of where they're at. Most also choose very specific labels for fixed effects or to place on the board for specific gigs or tours (as the text labels can be switched out as required).

In fact, that's the approach I take with my own board too. Here it is:

IMG_8362_zpsqur30odn.jpg

It's set up as follows. Top Row are IA and Bottom Row are Scenes:

Top Row: Pitch (covering 2 pitch variations per patch with X/Y), Dirt Box (same principle), Mellow (which is always a cool modulation / vibey effect) and Boost.

Bottom Row: 'Flip-flop' (as it's a Scene 1/2 toggle - this will switch between the two main tones for that patch, with Scene 1 being the main tone required for the song), Groovy (which is a more effected version of the cleaner patch for the song - based on Scene 1 or Scene 2), Flop (one half of the Flip-Flop - I have this in case I need to go straight to Scene 2) and Kebab (what else!), which is used to denote the most prominent tone in the patch - whether that's a solo tone, a tone with a pitch and Octafuzz and bigger delay or whatever.

You'll see I've also used 'Tiles' with numbers on them for the bottom row, to label the switches 1-4. This is used to help me start a song on the correct scene or patch (depending how I've laid out the board): I write the corresponding Tile number against each song on the setlist, so I don't have to think about it in the heat of the gig. I have also, on occasion, written down more than one number against each song (e.g. 1: 4: 2) to indicate the changes throughout the song. My memory isn't what it used to be (my wife says it's from too much beer, I say "naaah") and I find this really useful.

Basically, there's a lot of flexibility within the system to do pretty much anything, and I've seen folks really use these creatively on their own boards.

Hope that helps!
Sukh

This is a pretty simple design. I needed it to fit inside of my pedaltrain case and it works perfect. I also used bicycle chain links to secure the AX8 and my Mission pedal to the plywood, the links are almost to short for the AX8 but they do work and hold it very secure.

IMG_2346.JPG IMG_2351.JPG IMG_2354.JPG IMG_2357.JPG

Hey AX8ers.......I just realized that I never added my set-up & pics here in this killer thread.............So......

I went with the "Flattrash" board (24" x 12") & the ATA case for protection.

My goal was the smallest footprint that could also hold the EV-1 expression pedal too.

This set-up & rig is working VERY WELL for me & here's the link to where I ordered it from too.............

http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/flattrash-boards

Peace! X-Mann

PS - Sound & video clips of the AX8-X rig can be found on the follow "FULL FUN" thread O X! :eek:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-ax8-mann-cometh-pics-video-audio-review.114059/

:cool:
That looks great my friend , and nice labels too :)
cheers Sascha

Wanted some input on the angle boards with a hard top case? I like the Trailer Trash flat board, but thinking I might want to go with an angled board for some future power options underneath. Does anybody have an AX8 on a angle board with a hard case? Worried about height.

This is a pretty simple design. I needed it to fit inside of my pedaltrain case and it works perfect. I also used bicycle chain links to secure the AX8 and my Mission pedal to the plywood, the links are almost to short for the AX8 but they do work and hold it very secure.

View attachment 33734 View attachment 33735 View attachment 33737 View attachment 33738

Nice! EXACTLY what I came onto the forums searching for this morning -> AXE8 + Mission pedal mounted on a board to fit inside a PT-1 hard case.

Wanted some input on the angle boards with a hard top case? I like the Trailer Trash flat board, but thinking I might want to go with an angled board for some future power options underneath. Does anybody have an AX8 on a angle board with a hard case? Worried about height.
I have tried them and I don't like the height or the angle. My Mission pedals are already angled and with a higher angled board it is uncomfortable to me. I like a totally flat board but it comes down to what works best for you.

That looks massive - you'd almost need a trailer to carry that thing :eek:

It looks substantial. It doesn't weigh as much though. Maybe 30 pounds or so with the softcase. The Temple Audio boards are very light. The only thing on the underside is a Powertrain 1250.

Back
Top Bottom