Out Post Looper Location Problem

BCy2k

Inspired
I've checked my global looper location, as well as the looper location for a single preset. They're both set to out post, to record a loop with pre & post effects into the looper. It's not working. When I play back my loop it's sans delay. I've looked at a lot of things, including the manual. I've rebooted my rig a couple times, rechecked these settings. Nada.

Feels like operator error, but I can't find the solution. What am I missing? I just did the 3.03 update FWIW.

I've checked my global looper location, as well as the looper location for a single preset. They're both set to out post, to record a loop with pre & post effects into the looper. It's not working. When I play back my loop it's sans delay. I've looked at a lot of things, including the manual. I've rebooted my rig a couple times, rechecked these settings. Nada.

Feels like operator error, but I can't find the solution. What am I missing? I just did the 3.03 update FWIW.
Please upload your preset?

I can do that. Should I do it in this thread, or just open a support ticket?
if you want help from other users in the forum, such as myself, please post it in the thread. if you want to go straight to fractal support, a support ticket is the best way

Thanks - I opened a support ticket for this one. I'm having another issue besides the looper thing.

I wanted to follow up in case anyone happens to run into what happened to me with the looper.

First, it WAS operator error. I was using the 2290 delay w mod. For some unknown reason, my Phase Rev setting on the delay was set to right (can't imagine why I would have done this on purpose - I guess it must have happened by accident). My Looper Mode was set to "Mono Undo." As Joe explained it to me, "By setting the phase inversion to RIGHT, and then summing the Left and Right in the LOOPER (for MONO), you were effectively cancelling the effect of the Delay. When listening to LEFT or RIGHT only, or in STEREO you would not experience this cancellation effect. Therefore, you would hear the delay."

The fix was to simply set the Phase inversion on the delay to "none." Viola - fixed. Yay. Thanks again Joe!

The 2290 defaults to phase-reverse. That's part of the magic of that delay box. In stereo, it gives you a delay field that's wider than the speaker separation. But as you discovered, it only works in stereo. :)

When someone posts "My delay doesn't work," 99% of the time they're running a 2290 and summing to mono.

Glad you got it sorted out.

The 2290 defaults to phase-reverse. That's part of the magic of that delay box. In stereo, it gives you a delay field that's wider than the speaker separation. But as you discovered, it only works in stereo. :)

Aha - good to know!! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom