Metallica Amp

Ok so at the risk of upsetting the Fractal gods, I just have to ask...
If this amp is just a C++ and not a model of an actual amp owned by Metallica, then why call it such?
Why not just market it for what it is, a Mark IIC++?
I mean it's easy enough to just call it what it actually is, and then when describing it state that is is a modded version of the MK IIC+ used by guitarist such as Petrucci, Hetfield, etc.....
Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, just curious as to the logic behind releasing it as "Metallica Mark IIC++" when in fact it's not..

I have a feeling I will get a beat down for this, but I just had to ask...

I did not see where Fractal actually ever said it was Metallicas amp. In the firm ware update it just shows added amp IIC++
Edited:
Sorry I just went back to the firmware post, and cliff posted "and the new Metallica amp".

Last edited:
This model is part of our live sound.
This amp was removed when the new MKII models were added and firmware updated.
I asked if it could be ported for Q3 as I was having a difficult time migrating to the updated firmware and retaining our earlier work.

Hello Zaemo. Thank you for coming here to give this kind of information.
If you're allowed to, could you please tell us more about James' IIC++. I've read a lot of things on the Internet about this mod and lots of them are opposing. Does James' IIC++ sounds like the model in the Axe ?

Thank you.

I asked if it could be ported for Q3 as I was having a difficult time migrating to the updated firmware and retaining our earlier work.
Hi Chad,
thank you for your explanation, It is a great amp.

Funny you should say that, I was playing around with it and noticed how similar it sounded to James' live tone when I saw them at Sonisphere 2014.

Back
Top Bottom