ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

I got me a new bass and had to record a new clip. There's a lot of "coming soon" being used on this song but more on that later.

I noticed that all my favorite bass sounds from Foo Fighters to Green Day to even Blink 182 where the bass is loud in the mix and still not overbearing are a Fender Precision bass so I went for it and boy am I happy. I got a blue one with a maple neck and that neck is supposed to give me a more present tone or so I've heard. I'm a heavy-handed guitar player which usually doesn't work with playing bass but this one sounds good when I smack it. :) I'll post some pretty pictures when the sun goes up.

I'm thinking about a pickup upgrade. Anyone have experience with that? Everyone keeps saying the Seymour Duncan SPB-3 is what I should get. Help! :)

If the spb-3 is the quarter pound then yes get that, sounds phenomenal in a p bass imo. Maple will also give you a snappier brighter attack that I like in my bass tones, I'd consider myself a heavy handed player as well and the longer scale length + the quarter pound will only reward that. HNBD!

If the spb-3 is the quarter pound then yes get that, sounds phenomenal in a p bass imo. Maple will also give you a snappier brighter attack that I like in my bass tones, I'd consider myself a heavy handed player as well and the longer scale length + the quarter pound will only reward that. HNBD!
Oh yes that's a +1 for the SPB-3 Quarter Pounder! The pickup is especially important in a bass like this with just one pickup and not a lot of settings. :) Cheers buddy.

I know what you mean by the bass being cracked in the mix, but not overbearing. Fender's are definitely a nice way to go for that particular sound. My preference lies with the jazz bass however. Sweet clip!
Yeah I feel like most basses including Music Man, Ibanez etc. have a strong and weird high end to them while Fenders are really smooth in the higher frequencies. I was also thinking about will it be jazz or precision. I already made an offer for a 5-string Jazz bass but I changed my mind.. mainly because of this video and the Precision bass at 2:34. That's just perfection. Also the Gibson basses in the beginning sound nice.

sounds great! love the p bass, funny you're mentioning blink 182, one on my favorite records production-wise is Take off your pants and jacket..man that album sounds AWESOME!

Unless you're a bass player ( I know you're not )... Why split something which is gold for 90% of the greatest bassist ?!
Everybody here is a "nerd" so it's ok ! But I feel this is not going to make a difference at the end .
Not enough playing to see the differences ...
If you're Victor Wooten at the bass ... I apologize and come back to my trolling cave :D

Unless you're a bass player ( I know you're not )... Why split something which is gold for 90% of the greatest bassist ?!
Everybody here is a "nerd" so it's ok ! But I feel this is not going to make a difference at the end .
Not enough playing to see the differences ...
If you're Victor Wooten at the bass ... I apologize and come back to my trolling cave :D
Oh I suck at bass don't get me wrong. :D

Back
Top Bottom