CPU Question

It's at 68% because it has disabled the reverb. The AX8 automatically disables blocks that push the CPU too high.

It would probably be over 90% if the reverb was allowed - which is why it was disabled. Reverb can use about 34% CPU at default settings.

Change the Reverb quality to Normal and/or reduce the Echo density.

It is kind of sad that we have to reduce the quality to have enough memory.
This is probably why many people buy the Eventide H-9 to use with the Ax8.

It is kind of sad that we have to reduce the quality to have enough memory.
This is probably why many people buy the Eventide H-9 to use with the Ax8.
it's not sad because Normal quality sounds very good. it IS a high quality already. the high is just higher. don't let words fool you.

Someone posted a poll with several sound clips to see if people could identify which was high quality vs which was normal. End result, most people couldn't tell the difference. Do a search to find the thread if you are curious.

people who watch my live streams assume my AX8 Reverb sound is High quality and Density of 8. it's typically normal and density of 2. they don't believe how good it sounds and i've been accused of using my axe-fx just for the reverb sound... kinda silly.

The reverb is on normal it's not on high or anything. It's very frustrating when all I can use is a small spring reverb 3/4 of the time because of the cpu. I just don't understand why it's doing that and how to get around it.

Looks like PEQ, Comp, Drive 1, Drive 2, Amp, Vol, Trem, Delay, Cab, Reverb

That is my usual set up on a lot of my presets

If you can, use one drive with X/Y switching. Like the reverb block, the drive block also uses a lot of CPU.

The bottom line is that CPU on the AX8 is not as powerful as the CPU in the AxeFX. FAS made the decision not to "dumb down" the quality of the effects in order to fit more, lower quality effects into each preset. You have to adjust your presets to work within the CPU limitations. If you cannot fit what you need in a preset, FAS still makes the AxeFX II.

Back
Top Bottom