FracTool - for power users only

I guess I'm not doing something right, I have a bank sysex file that I'm trying to look at and it won't go... what gives?

EDIT: Never mind I was trying to import a copy extension. I can see the preset layout but thats it. How do you go about converting them?

Last edited:
I just downloaded it again. It self-reports as 2.10 and tells me that there's an update (2.11) available.
After several more no-goes, I finally have the right version.

I've been storing a library of things to hubiC, and I think that's giving me some kind of strange file version retention that eventually sorts itself out.

Ah! thanks Rex, I didn't see it up there :confused: So do you have to do these one at a time or is there a way to convert the whole bank at once?
When you open a bank or a bunch of presets, you see them as bank window, hit the bank menu and save as bank or individual presets, they will be converted...

Yeah, some of the FracTool functionality isn't obvious, but once you figure it out, it's blindingly simple.
It's very obvious to me, if you have other (simple) UI to propose do it ;)
The tool allows you to do a lot of things in simple actions, so it's a little challenge to have a simple UI allowing complex things with simple actions...

Reactions: Rex
It's very obvious to me, if you have other (simple) UI to propose do it ;)
The tool allows you to do a lot of things in simple actions, so it's a little challenge to have a simple UI allowing complex things with simple actions...
Your interface is the very model of simplicity, so much so that it's a bit unexpected. I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe put a brief usage explanation in a tool tip.

Oh, and if you really want to pimp it out, allow simultaneous connection with MK I/II, XL, and AX8. Or allow switching between them.

Your interface is the very model of simplicity, so much so that it's a bit unexpected. I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe put a brief usage explanation in a tool tip.

Oh, and if you really want to pimp it out, allow simultaneous connection with MK I/II, XL, and AX8. Or allow switching between them.
Thanks ;)
Yes it's planned, but only when i'll have my ax8 ;)

When I convert a folder in Windows, it does not give the bank file an extension.
I added it afterward and all is good but maybe this is because I'm in Vista?

FracTool 2.16 is released :
- Online/Offline preset parameters display
- AX8 compatibility fixes
- Multiple bundles support
- ShowsX/Y in grid
- Shows Input/Output blocks in grid
- Shows scenes
- Added ViewOnly icon for dropping files without converting nor sending to the fasDevice
- Various new context-menus
- Export to CSV/PDF/XML/HTML
- CabList function now shows/exports AMP1/2 X/Y cabs separately
- few other things i forgot ^^

Offline preset display is based on a data cache generated when your fasDevice is online and you display a preset's parameters in FracTool. This cache will be automatically generated if FracTool does not already have parameters definitions for your fasDevice and/or firmware version.
FracTool 2.16 embeds parameters definitions for AxeFx Q3.02, AX8 3.04 and AX8's next beta firmware.

Last edited:
How far "back" will this go? Will it work for very early AxeFX II versions. Mostly wondering about the drag/drop to rebuild the old patch from fw5 to today.
Great work!

Back
Top Bottom