FracTool - for power users only

Used fractool for trying YEK's latest presets downloaded them from this: OP
In most of them the rotary was ON and in the picture of the fractool grid it was OFF. And I guess also in real preset of Yek in most cases.

using fractool 2.10
AXEFX2MKii
AXE Edit off
Windows 10
I've found that the latest version of FracTool allows you to use Axe Edit concurrently, which helps clear up this type of confusion, YMMV

I was going to PM you one of The Cab Factory combined preset/IR that crash FracTool (Mac) every time, but the PM system will not let me attach a file. The file is commercial so I can't post it here. If you PM me an email address I will send a couple. Thanks.
@AZG, still haven't received the files... So the bug won't be fixed

FracTool 2.11 is released :
- Adds Cab 1/2 L/R X/Y columns to the CabList tool.
- When browsing a preset bank (or multiple presets dropped), you can see a preset layout, using context menu on a preset
- Handles folders dropped on harddrive or device icon. Folders are scanned recursively.
- Multiple bug fixes

@AlGrenadine, maybe you could upload the .exe in a .zip? Windows 10 deletes it instantly when I download it due to false virus alert.

Zip files are also scanned unless they are password protected. Just add the file name to the exception list or add a folder to the exception list and always put the update files into that folder, so you won't ever have an issue again. I'm not sure why Windows Defender is saying it's a virus because VirusTotal says it shouldn't.

Quality! The amp replacement option has opened a VERY easy way to try some of the amps that yek has been reviewing that I've never taken the time to try just for the trouble to re-tweak any changed settings. It's really a great help.

This is a best product.

So maybe you could go far and do an alternative to axe edit, with new interface dedicated for tablet :D

I just downloaded it again. It self-reports as 2.10 and tells me that there's an update (2.11) available.

Hi all,
Here is something a lot of users have asked for : A tool to open XL presets on an AxeFx II mk1/mk2 and vice-versa. And open AX8 presets on AxeFx II/XL. And... OPEN AxeFx presets on AX8 ! :D

capture.jpg
capture2.jpg

- It shifts usercab slots pointed by your CAB blocks so if an XL preset points to user cab 10, the converted II preset should also point to usercab 10, and viceversa
- It converts Tonematch data if the preset embeds some. (not on AX8 of course)
- Nothing is changed in the blocks parameters, so you may encounter differences if the AxeFx II reacts differently or if the XL preset used unavailable blocks (Y states)....
- When converting to AX8, unavailable blocks are removed and replaced by shunts
- Can convert offline
- Shows preset layout (online & offline)
- Shows preset layout if a conversion encountered unavailable blocks (online & offline)
- Auto-updates to latest version (after 2.0 beta 16)
- Can now convert presets to local files even if connected to a fas device.
- Successfully converts blocks with different X/Y data sets between II/XL/AX8.
- Bypass states should be kept between II and XL.
- Now converts input block successfully to/from AX8.
- Now converts approximatively to/from AX8 AMP block levels.

- Now includes all functionalities (and more) of defunct AxeFxBankMgr
- Allows you to audition easily banks/multiple presets at once just by dropping files on the FAS device icon.
- Batch convert multiple banks/presets at once by dropping files on the harddrive icon.

- Audition Multiple presets/Cabs
- Convert/rearrange cabs banks
- Create Cabs banks from single cabs or the reverse.

- Convert bundles

- Includes functionalities from AxeFxCabList
- Allows renaming of Presets and Cabs in banks
- Associates to syx file extension (win)
- Allows you to export blocks from presets individually
- Converts individual blocks and send individual blocks to the connected machine

- audition tools when dropping a cab bank or multiple cabs : you can mark the cabs you like, set a timer for axefxsend to automatically let you audition a new cab every xx seconds etc...
- Convert bookmarked cabs to a bank or saved them to individual cabs.
- Supports zip files ! You can now drop a zip file containing cabs or presets or whatever ! :)

Usage :

Hello! I am just trying to use the FracTool and will be glad to donate you some $ for your awesome job!
I NEE YOUR HELP... :)

There is an AXE FX II preset downloaded that has two CABs (I believe they are Factory ones) but since I have an AX8 it does not accept 2 Cabs. I converted the preset file to AX8 format and of course one of the cabs was shunted. I was wondering if I could save the two Cabs in BLOCK (.blk extension) and switch my Cab block into AX8 Edit to STEREO and include the Two Cabs. The problem I faced using the FracTool (maybe my lack of knowledge) is that when I select the Cab blocks (mouse right click), they do not save as a .blk file extension. Neither I can see the name of the cab2 file. If at least I could see the name of the original Cab2 (the one shunted), I would put it directly into the AX8 Edit software.

Here is the original file downloaded from AXE-Exchange:

Can you please help me?

Attachments

• p002904_MARKII.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 3
Hello! I am just trying to use the FracTool and will be glad to donate you some $ for your awesome job!
I NEE YOUR HELP... :)

There is an AXE FX II preset downloaded that has two CABs (I believe they are Factory ones) but since I have an AX8 it does not accept 2 Cabs. I converted the preset file to AX8 format and of course one of the cabs was shunted. I was wondering if I could save the two Cabs in BLOCK (.blk extension) and switch my Cab block into AX8 Edit to STEREO and include the Two Cabs. The problem I faced using the FracTool (maybe my lack of knowledge) is that when I select the Cab blocks (mouse right click), they do not save as a .blk file extension. Neither I can see the name of the cab2 file. If at least I could see the name of the original Cab2 (the one shunted), I would put it directly into the AX8 Edit software.

Here is the original file downloaded from AXE-Exchange:

Can you please help me?
I'll add this feature, among few new exciting ones, in the upcoming release. If 2 mono cabs are found the AX8 version will be 1 stereo cab with same cab slots pointed.

But be careful, the preset you're trying to convert is very very old, so it will not sound like it was intended to, even on an AxeFx...

Last edited:
I'll add this feature, among few new exciting ones, in the upcoming release. If 2 mono cabs are found the AX8 version will be 1 stereo cab with same cab slots pointed.

But be careful, the preset you're trying to convert is very very old, so it will not sound like it was intended to, even on an AxeFx...

Thanks for the fast reply!!!

For future version it would be very helpful for AX8 users if:
1) Shunt blocks could be saved as block files or
2) Let the user select which ones would like to see in the preset or
3) Save into two presets. So in second moment the user could compare it and do a different blend/mix or
4) Save in CSV files the shunt blocks (just to read the parameters) or
5) You name it :)

This is not a criticism to your product which is a real awesome one! Congratulations for your creation!

Back
Top Bottom