"Behind" note buzz.HELP!!!

Alenv3

Hi!I have problem with my axe fxII.I have "behind" note buzz/noise (Its not fret buzz) widouth and with noisegate on/off only on crunch and drive sounds?Example If I play 5th string and leave it to sustain buzz goes away after two or three seconds.I have tried all... cables, headphones, monitors, input/ouput levels,guitars.I also have power conditoner...Mabie this is normal on overdriven sounds?

Područje privitaka

Hi!I have problem with my axe fxII.I have "behind" note buzz/noise (Its not fret buzz) widouth and with noisegate on/off only on crunch and drive sounds?Example If I play 5th string and leave it to sustain buzz goes away after two or three seconds.I have tried all... cables, headphones, monitors, input/ouput levels,guitars.I also have power conditoner...Mabie this is normal on overdriven sounds?

Područje privitaka
Can you post a sound clip?

There were some threads about this very thing in the past. I believe it was given the name "ghost fizz". I have the same exact problem. Seems like there was a parameter that was mentioned back when it was initially brought up called tube bias. I think it is called something else now, but I'm not exactly sure. It is supposedly part of the fact that you are hearing things captured in an direct manner with mics facing the speaker cab directly. When playing a typical tube amp we aren't directly in front of a speaker playing. The axefx is capturing sound right in front of the speaker.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this. I very well may be. All I know is that I have the exact same problem, have for years, and it is an annoyance. If there is a way to dial it out I would really appreciate it.

I know when I play in front of my computer I have to turn away from the screen for a slight buzz to go away. Maybe you're too close to some other electronics that the pickups are amplifying?

There were some threads about this very thing in the past. I believe it was given the name "ghost fizz". I have the same exact problem. Seems like there was a parameter that was mentioned back when it was initially brought up called tube bias. I think it is called something else now, but I'm not exactly sure. It is supposedly part of the fact that you are hearing things captured in an direct manner with mics facing the speaker cab directly. When playing a typical tube amp we aren't directly in front of a speaker playing. The axefx is capturing sound right in front of the speaker.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this. I very well may be. All I know is that I have the exact same problem, have for years, and it is an annoyance. If there is a way to dial it out I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!!!
I found thread about "ghost fizz".This is normal buzz what real amps tend to do.I have asked few friends that have axe fx II do they hear it...They a
Said NO...so I was worried :D they are probably deaf!

Područje privitaka
I have the same thing. I posted about it a while back but didn't get much response other than the firmware didn't change.

Problem with this buzz is that tone is not "cleaning up" enough with lighter touch.Buzz is always on same level.Before axe fx2 I had ultra and I was able to make sounds from clean to HI gain with volume pot on guitar...now I can't.

I know everyone has good intentions with the "too close to your computer" comments, but that is absolutely not what this is. I really wish there were a way to get rid of it. It is literally my only issue with the axefx...and it isn't a big issue, just an annoyance that I wish could be solved.

Here it is...

I hear exactly what you're talking about, and it it the one (and only) thing that bothers me about the AxeFx; it's like, on a medium or higher gain setting, there is an artifact---an unnatural buzz---that creeps in just as a sustained note begins to trail off.

Back
Top Bottom