Help with trying out a new amp block (Dweezil's B-man)

dsimms

Inspired
I'm trying out the new Dweezil's B-man amp block. I don't think there's a preset built around this one, so how do I hear it the way Cliff intended? Drop it into an existing preset with a reasonable cab (basketweave 412), then reset the amp block to bring in the ideal starting settings? I know I'll tweak it where it sounds good and eventually change the settings to what works for me, but I want a good starting point.

Double-click Bypass to reset everything to defaults. The actual amp has no tone stack so for maximum authenticity all tone controls would be at noon (but don't be afraid to tweak them). In the actual amp the Treble control is re-purposed as a Negative Feedback control. Experiment with different values of Negative Feedback. Lower values are looser.

Double-click Bypass to reset everything to defaults. The actual amp has no tone stack so for maximum authenticity all tone controls would be at noon (but don't be afraid to tweak them). In the actual amp the Treble control is re-purposed as a Negative Feedback control. Experiment with different values of Negative Feedback. Lower values are looser.

Wow, you sure can't label the negative feedback as a subtle one here. I'll gig with it at the default of 5 tomorrow night and tweak it for Saturdays gig (same venue). I like the bite with it around 6 or 6.5 and also like the sag/loseness around 4, so there are probably a number of variants I can have fun with. Thanks for this wolf in bassman's clothing.

Back
Top Bottom