U2 - AIWIY Clip...Q3.01

Toopy14

Axe-Master
Not sure what to make of this one....thoughts? Sorry about the flubs.

It's the same guitar (U.S. 70's Strat w/CS-69's) and the same settings I used with my last clip, based on Edo's AC30TB Q2.04 (w/ Q2.01 modelling). This clip is using 3.01 modelling.

My first impression is that the amp. definitely has more 'growl' to it. Seems to be easier to get it to that just breaking up point.

It's one of the best examples of this type of preset I've heard posted on this forum. If I may comment, to imitate this style, your playing needs to be a bit more punk than polite.

Well, only one thing to say after your comment...I'm stopping at Q3.01 and spending more time listening to the Ramones, The Clash and Teenage Head and honing my punk playing skills! Not sure I have enough hair left to spike it, but I'll see what I can do. If not, maybe I can wear a beanie...wait, I think that's already been done before! :)

I turn 52 this year and only picked up a guitar for the first time at 41...there's still time!!! ;)

Thanks Matt!

It's perfect in regards to tone and delay/modulation. Helped me tons. Hmmmm... Yes, more punk

I wasn't sure at first, especially listening through my headphones, which aren't the greatest. It's one reason I was playing kind of hesitantly...although, I'll be the first to admit I'm no Edo or Edge when it comes to playing...far from it.

When I listened to the recording through a decent set of speakers, I still wasn't sure because it sounded like nothing I had ever recorded before.

I started A/B'ing the tone I was getting with what I think is the holy grail Edge/AC30 tone...Slane Castle, I realized the amp. model in 3.01 had the same kind of 'growling' tone you hear in that concert.

Sounds really good. Besides the time, what delay and settings did you use? Did you tweak any advanced parameters in the delay?

Sounds really good. Besides the time, what delay and settings did you use? Did you tweak any advanced parameters in the delay?

Here's the delay settings that I modified. The rest should be default. I can pretty much use the same delay block for the classic U2 songs, I just change the tempo and in the case of NYD, the delay tempo, ie. 1/4 note.

upload_2016-4-27_11-51-0.png

upload_2016-4-27_11-51-42.png

I turn 52 this year and only picked up a guitar for the first time at 41...there's still time!!! ;)

*whew* I'm 46 now and have been hard at this guitar thing for 3-4 years. Lots of music before that but I'm kicking myself for not falling in love with this instrument earlier in life. Hearing someone else say "there's still time" made my day! :)

Saw the delay details below but I'd love to deconstruct that patch. Sounds awesome!

Back
Top Bottom