Matrix FR12 active Cab

Seems like December, turned to end of January which is looking like sometime in February now. Definitely a lesson in patience =D
Yes and they haven't answered questions about audio specs - freq response, SPL, and dispersion for the FR12 and FR10.

Yes and they haven't answered questions about audio specs - freq response, SPL, and dispersion for the FR12 and FR10.

Hopefully once officially released we'll get all that info. I've been holding out hope that the fr10 will work out for me, it's sized and priced perfectly.

Anyone else concerned about only 300 (solid state) watts? I am using a 1000 watt EV speaker now, and while I am not running it full tilt, I would guess its 50-60% of max volume. I dont think a maxed out solid state amp will sound very good.

Anyone else concerned about only 300 (solid state) watts? I am using a 1000 watt EV speaker now, and while I am not running it full tilt, I would guess its 50-60% of max volume. I dont think a maxed out solid state amp will sound very good.
Not at all. Have used the GT 1000 FX, which is 250W (IIRC)
Man it's loud!

Think there's a big difference in EV watts and Matrix Watts, the way presented I mean (RMS, Peak etc) but other members can tell you more about that for sure .

Last edited:
I spoke to John at matrix the other day and asked him that same question. He paused and laughed and said you haven't played one of my products before huh. I said yup, i have not lol.

I'm hoping to hear some comparisons between the FR10 and FR12 soon. I got on the list for a pair of 12s, but it would be nice to save the pounds and dollars if the 10 will do the trick...

I'm hoping to hear some comparisons between the FR10 and FR12 soon. I got on the list for a pair of 12s, but it would be nice to save the pounds and dollars if the 10 will do the trick...

They should be pretty similar tonality wise as the same make of speaker is used in each one (barring the size difference).
Obviously you should get a little more bottom end from the 12" due to the size increase of the speaker, especially at lower levels but the 10" can certainly provide some chest thump at higher levels.

They should be pretty similar tonality wise as the same make of speaker is used in each one (barring the size difference).
Obviously you should get a little more bottom end from the 12" due to the size increase of the speaker, especially at lower levels but the 10" can certainly provide some chest thump at higher levels.

Now the question is...when will they be available.

Yep, and if you have a look on FB now you will see it's little brother/sister the FR10 :)

Anyone going to the LA Amp Show at Van Nuys this weekend is welcome to drop by our room for a demo ... we think you'll be impressed, not only at the lack of weight, but also at the clarity and punch these two cabs deliver ... John Hardman (our resident Guitar Pixie) has flown in from the UK for this one, so drop by and say hello and have a play on this baby :)

View attachment 27768

Are you going to make a wedge version of the FR10\FR12?

Go back one page

USA
FR10 - $679
FR12 - $749
UK
FR10 - £549 inc VAT (£482.50 ex VAT)
FR12 - £599 inc VAT (£499.16 ex VAT)

I've had my FR12 for a week. haven't had a chance to try it with my band but it sounds pretty good cranked in my man cave. I was going to compare it to my CLR wedge but the CLR died during my last gig.

I've had my FR12 for a week. haven't had a chance to try it with my band but it sounds pretty good cranked in my man cave. I was going to compare it to my CLR wedge but the CLR died during my last gig.
WOW CLR died? Any idea what is wrong with it?

Back
Top Bottom