IEM in Aussie land

jarabuandi

Experienced
Hi all,
any Aussie using IEM that can share their experience with a given brand and point me in the right direction where it was bought?

I'm interested too, my band just uses a headphone amp and run wired at the moment, would be good to go wireless.

Hi. I'm an Australian and I've been using IEMs for over 10 years. Currently I'm using
Sennheiser ew 300 IEM G3
They work very well. I'm using Shure dual drivers.
I've previously used a MiPro system for many years and a top end AKG system which was amazing but very expensive.

Hi. I'm an Australian and I've been using IEMs for over 10 years. Currently I'm using
Sennheiser ew 300 IEM G3
They work very well. I'm using Shure dual drivers.
I've previously used a MiPro system for many years and a top end AKG system which was amazing but very expensive.

Thanks Chuk for your iput...the Sennheiser has got a hefty price tag :eek:

Hi guys. I live in Melbourne. I've been using Shure IEM for around 5 years.
I have the PSM 200 (which is an older entry level unit) but I replaced the earphones that come with that system as they're only entry level. I upgraded to the E5s (see link below)
http://www.shureasia.com/en/products/in_ear_monitoring/psm200
http://www.shureasia.com/en/products/earphones/se535

When I first bought the IEM, it took me about 3 weeks to get used to them. Now I could never do without them.
Playing live with a Line 6 G90 wireless unit allows me to go for a walk anywhere around the gig and the sound stays right in my ear, no
matter where I go.
Trust that helps

PS. Forgot to mention that if you want good IEM, be prepared to spend money. Don't buy a cheap unit. You've already spent over $3000 on the Axe FX - why degrade it's sound by using cheap in ears.
Save up and get good ones!

Hi guys. I live in Melbourne. I've been using Shure IEM for around 5 years.
I have the PSM 200 (which is an older entry level unit) but I replaced the earphones that come with that system as they're only entry level. I upgraded to the E5s (see link below)
http://www.shureasia.com/en/products/in_ear_monitoring/psm200
http://www.shureasia.com/en/products/earphones/se535

When I first bought the IEM, it took me about 3 weeks to get used to them. Now I could never do without them.
Playing live with a Line 6 G90 wireless unit allows me to go for a walk anywhere around the gig and the sound stays right in my ear, no
matter where I go.
Trust that helps

PS. Forgot to mention that if you want good IEM, be prepared to spend money. Don't buy a cheap unit. You've already spent over $3000 on the Axe FX - why degrade it's sound by using cheap in ears.
Save up and get good ones!

Thanks claudesmusicbox...I was just checking out the Shure PSM 200 as I already have Shure GLDX wireless for my guitar. Looks like there's going to be lots of tears. The prices of these IEMs are crazy! :eek::eek::eek:

Thanks claudesmusicbox...I was just checking out the Shure PSM 200 as I already have Shure GLDX wireless for my guitar. Looks like there's going to be lots of tears. The prices of these IEMs are crazy! :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah jarabuandi, they're all pricey (the good ones) that's why I say don't spend $300 on a shitty pair coz that's $300 that could go towards a good pair. If you don't have the money upfront, take your time and get good ones. Trust me you won't regret it.

Yeah jarabuandi, they're all pricey (the good ones) that's why I say don't spend $300 on a shitty pair coz that's $300 that could go towards a good pair. If you don't have the money upfront, take your time and get good ones. Trust me you won't regret it.

You're right. No point wasting money on something cheap. I'll have to sit tight for the time being and save up some money. I'm really interesting but definitely want good ones.

You're right. No point wasting money on something cheap. I'll have to sit tight for the time being and save up some money. I'm really interesting but definitely want good ones.

I only wear one ear in and I leave the other one out to hear the live sound going on around me. My hearing ear is my left ear, so I put the bud into my right ear and leave my good ear free. Our drummer loves wearing both but it's too studio sounding for me.

Please be careful - wearing one ear in will lead to you having the volume much louder than you think and damage your hearing. You may even want to consider IEMs with ambient ports or simply adding a house mic to get more "live" sound. It takes some time to get comfortable with wearing both ears but it is the way to go.

I only wear one ear in and I leave the other one out to hear the live sound going on around me. My hearing ear is my left ear, so I put the bud into my right ear and leave my good ear free. Our drummer loves wearing both but it's too studio sounding for me.

Please be careful - wearing one ear in will lead to you having the volume much louder than you think and damage your hearing. You may even want to consider IEMs with ambient ports or simply adding a house mic to get more "live" sound. It takes some time to get comfortable with wearing both ears but it is the way to go.

Fair call cander328. Makes sense. I will give it a try. Thx.

I've got the opposite issue....SO LOUD ON STAGE...I like it a bit 'quieter' and prefer LOUD for the audience! Nonetheless good point!

Back
Top Bottom