Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta

From the link:
"Go With What You Know" featured a hint at the next project that was to come. All Roads Lead To Inca was inspired by the work I had been putting into learning my dad's music and the total technical transformation of my guitar playing. On that track I was using a combination of 2 special amps, a Blankenship 16 watt Leeds head and a Blankenship modified black face Fender Bassman head. It had some modulation effects added in the mix."

So maybe #101 is the Blankenship modified Bassman...

Yes, it's Dweezil's Blankenship modified Bassman. Dweezil's Bassman has two channels like a regular Bassman. The Normal channel is "normal" and corresponds to the 65 Bassguy Nrml model. The Bass Instrument channel is modified and that's the basis for the new model. I'm not a liberty to disclose the modifications but it has a boatload of gain and sounds more like a Plexi than a Fender.

Modded BF Bassman is an awesome addition. My all time favorite amp is a 67 BF that Randy Atkins added a gain stage too and modded the tone stack, and a ppmv, was the best Plexi tone I've ever heard, and this new model sounds quite similar so I couldn't be happier

Yes, it's Dweezil's Blankenship modified Bassman. Dweezil's Bassman has two channels like a regular Bassman. The Normal channel is "normal" and corresponds to the 65 Bassguy Nrml model. The Bass Instrument channel is modified and that's the basis for the new model. I'm not a liberty to disclose the modifications but it has a boatload of gain and sounds more like a Plexi than a Fender.

Thanks Cliff! I imagine he will using that on his upcoming tour that focuses on his own material...yeah the gain. Freaked me out for a minute.....

What in the changes of this firmware have thing sounding more angry and natural? Is that the 'slightly improved' power amp modeling? I really like it!

Do you know, is it anything like the "Ness Mess" baseman mod done by Billy Zoom?

Amp #101 "Dweezil's B-Man" is also new.
Have to say i love this new amp ! So much to do with . Fender meet Marshall in a very good way , easy to find a good sound if you lowered the input trim around 0.300 (humbucker paf style here)
Thanks Cliff !!

Cliff, if that's what you call slightly improved! I would love to see a big improvement. I notice a huge difference on my Matrix into my 2x12 Marshall cab. I haven't tried FRFR yet. But DAMMMM.....

Do you know, is it anything like the "Ness Mess" baseman mod done by Billy Zoom?

I would think it's got to be in the same ballpark, aren't that many different ways to mod that circuit and Billy, Fred et al., are likely all getting pretty much the same end result, a Bassman that sounds more Marshall than many Marshalls (but with classic Fender BF good looks lol)

I've just played it a bit and went back to 2.04 and now I'm back to 3 and being a high gainer what I've seemed to notice right off the bat is a brighter sound and maybe thinner? Easily adjusted but also it seems easier to play on 3 like more forgiving.

I really hope that some day in the near future we're gonna get a final firmware version for this thing just so I won't feel compelled to stalk the forums all day, every day wherever I am. I realize I'm probably the only person that actually wants this. Well, maybe me and Danny Danzi...:p

Most of us don't know how to deep tweak our axes, I love fw updates because in general it benefits to the basic presets too :)
I want to stalk topics that I understand (in general) haha

Btw I began at fw18 and wow, what a road ! And I didn't know older ones !

Back
Top Bottom