Midi thru issue with AxeFxII MKI

guitardoc

Experienced
There seems to be a problem with sending midi messages through to outboard gear from an AxeFXII MKI (Q2.04). The AxeFx receives the messages all right (midi in flashes) but the outboard gear does not receive it. The midi message is sent from MFC101 through a CAT5 cable (no Faslink) and midi thru is set to on in the AxeFX I/O menu.

Is there anything I am missing or is it a possible bug? It used to work flawlessly last time I used it (which was last year). Can anyone confirm?

Thank you.

I checked them - they are correct.
The outboard gear does not even show that midi messages are received. And I checked that it works too. It looks like the Axe does not send them at all.

I am having a similar issue on my mk3, can't figure out how to get the midi out. I've tried every combination I can think of or has been recommended on here and any other articles I could find. The axe receives it just fine, syncs tap tempo, but can't get anything to pickup midi out.

I am having a similar issue on my mk3, can't figure out how to get the midi out. I've tried every combination I can think of or has been recommended on here and any other articles I could find. The axe receives it just fine, syncs tap tempo, but can't get anything to pickup midi out.
it would be a THRU function, not an OUT.

The MFC is set for midi through, the axe is set to USB adapter on, I have experimented with every variation of any USB and midi settings I can find and no messages or pedal cc's on exp1 or exp2 are being seen.

The MFC is set for midi through, the axe is set to USB adapter on, I have experimented with every variation of any USB and midi settings I can find and no messages or pedal cc's on exp1 or exp2 are being seen.
what does USB adapter mode have to do with this? also, the MFC midi thru setting doesn't affect anything coming from the Axe.

For Ableton to recieve midi from the MFC through the axe and over USB to my laptop, the people who have made this work had to have the USB adapter mode on in the axe midi menu

For Ableton to recieve midi from the MFC through the axe and over USB to my laptop, the people who have made this work had to have the USB adapter mode on in the axe midi menu

i think you should start your own thread. this is different than what the OP is talking about. i can move your posts there after you create it.

The outboard gear. It receives midi messages from other devices with no issues. It just doesn't from the Axe.
I do, but your chain is MFC - Midi - AXE - USB - Ableton.
My chain is MFC - Midi - Axe - Midi - Mi.1 - Bluetooth - OnSong on iPad.
it always helps to define the actual gear.

so you've used the MI1 successfully to get midi to OnSong? can you possibly try hard-wired from Axe to OnSong?

Back
Top Bottom