AX8 Delay Block Volume difference

Tubehead

Inspired
I apologize if this has been discussed before... I searched the forum and could not find an applicable thread...

Has anyone noticed the volume difference with a bypassed DELAY block versus an engaged DELAY block. Seems like there is a 3 - 4 db volume increase when engaging the block. I was surprised to see this since a traditional delay pedal does not change the volume when it is either engaged or bypassed.

Thanks

I apologize if this has been discussed before... I searched the forum and could not find an applicable thread...

Has anyone noticed the volume difference with a bypassed DELAY block versus an engaged DELAY block. Seems like there is a 3 - 4 db volume increase when engaging the block. I was surprised to see this since a traditional delay pedal does not change the volume when it is either engaged or bypassed.

Thanks
what is the MIX setting of this delay block?

Is the block routed parallel or series? Parallel will add +6db.
I think you nailed it! The block is in parallel. I will move it to series this evening and measure the difference. I am guessing the volume difference will no longer be there.

Thanks!

I think you nailed it! The block is in parallel. I will move it to series this evening and measure the difference. I am guessing the volume difference will no longer be there.

Thanks!
also be sure when in Parallel to set the mix to 100% and use the Level parameter to adjust the mix between wet and dry. set the Bypass mode to Mute FX In or Mute FX Out as well. that should get rid of the volume difference too.

Back
Top Bottom