Using FX8 in 4CM with Humbuster Cables, Question about adding an H9

BCy2k

Inspired
Currently my setup is an Atomic AmpliFire connected via 4CM to my FX8. I made my own humbuster cables for this initial setup and they made an audible difference for me. I like this setup a lot. I control everything via the FX8 & scenes. Usually I only need one preset to get through most gigs I do.

Now I want to add my H9 into my setup. I haven't decided if the H9 will come first in the AmpliFire loop send (before the FX8), or after the FX8 back into the returns on the AmpliFire (in stereo). My question is, do I need to run humbuster cables on all the send & return connections on both the H9 & FX8 to get the full benefit of the humbuster cables? I'm not clear on where humbuster cables will be beneficial, or unnecessary. when more than one device is in the loop in a 4CM setup. Any help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Humbusters only work on the FX8 outputs. You do not need them on the (FX8) inputs.

Thanks. The part I'm confused about is weather I need humbusters in the signal path beyond the FX8 pre and post outs.

If I put the H9 between the Out (post) on the FX8 and the fx return on the AmpliFire, should I use humbusters from both the FX8 out (post) into the H9, AND out from the H9 to the fx return on the AmpliFire?

Thanks. The part I'm confused about is weather I need humbusters in the signal path beyond the FX8 pre and post outs.

If I put the H9 between the Out (post) on the FX8 and the fx return on the AmpliFire, should I use humbusters from both the FX8 out (post) into the H9, AND out from the H9 to the fx return on the AmpliFire?

they won't do anything. humbuster cables allow noise reduction circuits inside the fractal unit to work their magic. if you plug a humbuster between two other units, there's no fractal circuit, so no magic. (and you might encounter random weirdness because of what those units expect when they see a RTS plug)

they won't do anything. humbuster cables allow noise reduction circuits inside the fractal unit to work their magic. if you plug a humbuster between two other units, there's no fractal circuit, so no magic. (and you might encounter random weirdness because of what those units expect when they see a RTS plug)

What I want to do is put the H9 after the FX8 post outs, then run from the H9 into the fx return on the AmpliFire.

Is there any "humbusting" going on if I use a pair of humbuster cables going from the post outs on the FX8 into the H9? Or does this defeat the point of using humbuster cables once another device is put into the chain there? I'm not worried about noise from the H9, but I wasn't sure if 'special' cables were needed from the H9 outs back to the Amplifire fx return.

What I want to do is put the H9 after the FX8 post outs, then run from the H9 into the fx return on the AmpliFire.

Is there any "humbusting" going on if I use a pair of humbuster cables going from the post outs on the FX8 into the H9?

Try it both ways and see which one works for you?

Or does this defeat the point of using humbuster cables once another device is put into the chain there? I'm not worried about noise from the H9, but I wasn't sure if 'special' cables were needed from the H9 outs back to the Amplifire fx return.

you should look at the manual for the H9 and the Amplifire to answer this. i'd guess that a normal TS cable would work fine.

If you run the humbuster cables on the post out of the Fx8 to the H9 in, you'll get noise reduction between the Fx8 and the H9 only. What I think you need to do is keep the ordinary cable from the H9 to the Amplifire as short as possible, so that most of the total cable run is humbuster cable. Perhaps put the H9 right at the Amplifire.

That's my experience anyway. I found if you make the Humbuster short, and the ordinary cable from the H9 to the Amplifre long, you get more noise because most of the total cable run is ordinary cable.

If you run the humbuster cables on the post out of the Fx8 to the H9 in, you'll get noise reduction between the Fx8 and the H9 only. What I think you need to do is keep the ordinary cable from the H9 to the Amplifire as short as possible, so that most of the total cable run is humbuster cable. Perhaps put the H9 right at the Amplifire.

That's my experience anyway. I found if you make the Humbuster short, and the ordinary cable from the H9 to the Amplifre long, you get more noise because most of the total cable run is ordinary cable.

Thanks. It makes sense that the humbuster cables only help where they're applicable, but not beyond. I have an old school method for noise minimization between conventional pedals that I'm sure will keep the noise floor essentially non-existent. The H9 is a fairly pristine unit to begin with.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom