Taylor 514ce TM (made w/JP6 piezo)

PerChr

Experienced
Hi,
I was mocking about with some acoustic tone matching for my JP6 BFR today.
Quite happy with the result , so I thought I'd share it here.
It might work for other electrics with piezo too.

Tone matching was done to a recording of a Taylor 514ce.

Short demo:

Preset with the tonematch block: (29/3; TM block added, it's the one to the right:) )

Edit 23/3: Link to my other Taylor tone match thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/taylor-616ce-618ce-tone-matches.122038/

Attachments

• Taylor 514ce TM (GD).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 476
  • Taylor 514ce TM (GD)_20160329_221436.blk
    3.4 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
I'm gonna use it at practice tonight. I have a 510ce with the Fishman pickups. So that's pretty awesome. What's the difference between the 510 and 514?

I'm gonna use it at practice tonight. I have a 510ce with the Fishman pickups. So that's pretty awesome. What's the difference between the 510 and 514?

Hi.
The main difference is the body shape/size. 510 is a Dreadnought and 514 is a Grand Auditorium.

Last edited:
Hi,
I was mocking about with some acoustic tone matching for my JP6 BFR today.
Quite happy with the result , so I thought I'd share it here.
It might work for other electrics with piezo too.

Tone matching was done to a recording of a Taylor 514ce.

Short demo:

Preset with the tonematch block:

Like it !
Possibility to get the IR format of this TM ? (Ax8 user soon)
Thanks

Absolutely impressive. I think this is the best acoustic tone match I've heard yet.

I will try it.

And yes, please post the block, if you would.

I installed an L.R. Baggs Lyric in my old Guild F50, and really like the sound from that direct, but I'm going to see how it works with the tonematch block out of curiosity.

To be able to get a wonderful acoustic sound like your clip using an electric is amazing.

Is this clip played with a piezo or pickup?

Thanks once again, Per.

So what's the verdict?
Usable or not?
I got a couple more to share if there's any interest

I Haven't been able to try it myself yet but it sounds great! I have a Godin LGX with a piezo that I will try this patch out with. Thanks for sharing!:cool:

just tried your preset. tone is pretty good when strumming but it sounds hollow playing single notes

just tried your preset. tone is pretty good when strumming but it sounds hollow playing single notes
The tone match was done to a recording of open chords strumming/picking, so I agree it sounds best with chords.
You might wanna add some smoothing to fit your guitar better. I assume you tried the preset with an electric w/piezo

Absolutely impressive. I think this is the best acoustic tone match I've heard yet.

I will try it.

And yes, please post the block, if you would.

I installed an L.R. Baggs Lyric in my old Guild F50, and really like the sound from that direct, but I'm going to see how it works with the tonematch block out of curiosity.

To be able to get a wonderful acoustic sound like your clip using an electric is amazing.

Is this clip played with a piezo or pickup?

Thanks once again, Per.

You're welcome, Jeremy!
Glad you like my little demo. I'm quite happy with the result, it sounds and feels good with chords.
Not sure how it will fit your Guild though, but it'll be worth a shot.
You might wanna adjust the effect of the TM with amount and smoothing.
I think I had the amount at 80% in the clip, and I used an electric (Music Man JP6 BFR) with piezo.
Give me a few minutes and I'll add the TM block :)
.....Done!
Per

Last edited:
Will try theese tomorrow. Will report results.

Have a piezo built into my Les Paul so will be interesting :)

The tone match was done to a recording of open chords strumming/picking, so I agree it sounds best with chords.
You might wanna add some smoothing to fit your guitar better. I assume you tried the preset with an electric w/piezo
i'll experiment a bit more. you're demo sounds great though!

This preset is not bad at all. I will need some finetuning for my piezo, but definatelly has potential.
Thank you for sharing this.

I just want to throw my shout out on this block. It's become the go to acoustic sound for my JP Majesty. Scene 5 of every patch now has amp/cab off with just this block, some compression and a little reverb. The piezos already sound pretty decent, but this just adds a bit of spice to make it even more convincing. Thanks!

I just want to throw my shout out on this block. It's become the go to acoustic sound for my JP Majesty. Scene 5 of every patch now has amp/cab off with just this block, some compression and a little reverb. The piezos already sound pretty decent, but this just adds a bit of spice to make it even more convincing. Thanks!

That's very cool indeed!
Glad the TM is working for you and you're very welcome :)
Per

Back
Top Bottom